Deadline: 16 February 2020
Proposals for projects that focus on at least one of the priority women’s empowerment programs and target audiences specified below:
- Professional Skills: The club will promote skills to help advance women in mid-career positions, including but not limited to management, leadership, communications, decisionmaking, public speaking, and presentation.
- Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) and Business: The club will provide women currently working in STEM or business with the fundamentals of enterprise development, supply chain, and marketing practices that are essential to creating startups. The club will help build a network and mentorship opportunities for members in practicing STEM and the entrepreneurial process.
- Civil Society: The club will focus on gender equity, human rights, social issues, combatting domestic violence, health care, and family planning. Alternatively, the club will focus on guiding young professionals towards career advancement. In either club, the aim will be to increase women’s participation in public activities.
- Women in Politics and Governance: The club will build dialogue, critical thinking, and negotiation skills for female participants majoring in public administration, international relations, and labor rights. Alternatively, the club could focus on assisting young professionals to identify existing social issues. In both clubs the goal is to help women express themselves publicly and achieve promotions and leadership positions in political institutions. The club will provide skills and knowledge needed for women to raise their voices against violence and corruption and advocate for more transparency and stricter law enforcement.
- Underprivileged and Vulnerable Groups: The club will provide the access to knowledge regarding existing legislation and facilities for vulnerable communities including: transgender women, unidentified gender, the disabled, and religious or ethnic minorities. The club will focus on employment opportunities, vocational training, and advising women and girls with disabilities, sexual trafficking or abuse survivors, and domestic violent victims. The club will help develop participants’ self-confidence and encourage them to be active and visible members of society.
Award Amount will vary between $1,000 and $10,000.
Duration should be a minimum of six months and a maximum of one year. Successful projects will be eligible for renewal.
- Submissions are encouraged from U.S. and Vietnam entities with relevant programming and/or teaching experience. This experience should be documented in the proposal. Eligible entities include:
- not-for-profit, civil society/non-governmental organizations
- universities; non-profit educational institutions
- For-profit entity is not allowed to apply. Previous federal award recipients who are not/were not in compliance with the terms of their financial and program reporting requirements are ineligible to apply. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable terms, conditions, and Office of Management and Budget guidance and requirements. Those organizations found to be in non-compliance may be found ineligible for funding or designated high risk if selected for funding.
For more information, visit https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/SVM700-20-PAS-003-NOFO-Womens-Empowerment-Club.pdf