Deadline: 15 January 2019
U.S. Embassy in Zimbabwe’s Ambassador’s Special Self-Help (SSH) Program has launched a call for proposals for its PEPFAR Small Grants to award grants to registered nongovernmental, non-profit, community-based organizations to implement short-term (12-month), small-scale (between $5,000 and $10,000) development projects that include significant community involvement.
Priority consideration is given to income generating projects that improve basic economic or social conditions at the village level.
The SSH Program in Zimbabwe has several funding sources, each with a specific mandate. When applying for funding, clearly identify which fund applicants are applying to:
- Ambassador’s Special Self-Help (SSH) Fund: The Ambassador’s SSH Fund focuses on community-initiated income generating projects. These projects can support access to healthy food, natural resource management, wildlife conservation, water/sanitation initiatives, and other community projects.
- President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Small Grants Fund: The PEPFAR Small Grants Funds focuses on income generating activities that improve care, support, and economic conditions for people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and those directly affected by HIV/AIDS such as grandparents caring for grandchildren orphaned due to HIV/AIDS.
- SSH supports projects in Zimbabwe with an average of $5,000 to $10,000 per project.
- Projects are expected to be completed within 12 months with an anticipated start date between May 1, 2019 and September 30, 2019, depending on when funding is made available.
- Applicant must be a Zimbabwe registered non-governmental, non-profit, or community based organization.
- Registered trusts, associations, schools, churches, etc. meet this eligibility requirement.
- Individuals, businesses, and government entities do NOT qualify.
- All applications must include and identify a significant community contribution (cash, labor, and/or materials).
- The organization must be Zimbabwean and its members must be Zimbabwean citizens.
- Applicants must display sound management in the form of financial and administrative procedures that protect against fraud, waste, and abuse.
How to Apply
Application must be submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Zimbabwe