Deadline: 30 November 2019
The U.S. Embassy has launched the U.S. Ambassador’s Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) 2020 Competition.
- CULTURAL SITES: conservation of an ancient or historic building, preservation of an archaeological site, or documentation of cultural sites in a region for preservation purposes.
- CULTURAL OBJECTS AND COLLECTIONS: conservation treatment for an object or collection of objects from a museum, site, or similar institution—that include, but are not limited to, archaeological and ethnographic objects, paintings, sculpture, manuscripts, and general museum conservation needs; needs assessment of a collection with respect to its condition and strategies for improving its state of conservation; inventory of a collection for conservation and protection purposes; the creation of safe environments for storage or display of collections; or specialized training in the care and preservation of collections.
- FORMS OF TRADITIONAL CULTURAL EXPRESSION: documentation and audiovisual recording of traditional music, indigenous languages and dance forms for broad dissemination as the means of teaching and further preserving them, or support for training in the preservation of traditional applied arts or crafts in danger of extinction.
- Preventive conservation (addressing conditions that damage or threaten the site).
- Stabilization (reducing the physical disturbance [settling, collapse, etc.] of a site).
- Conservation (addressing damage or deterioration to a collection or sites).
- Consolidation (connecting or reconnecting elements of a site).
- Anastylosis (reassembling a site from its original parts).
- Restoration (replacing missing elements to recreate the original appearance of a site, usually appropriate only with fine arts, decorative arts, and historic buildings).
Project applicants can submit for AFCP Small Grants from US $10,000 – US $200,000; or AFCP Large Grants from US $200,000 – US $800,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Proposals for projects that meet one or more of the following criteria will receive consideration in FY 2020:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Directly support U.S. treaty or bilateral agreement obligations, such as cultural property protection agreements;
- Support the preservation of inscribed UNESCO World Heritage sites;
- Support risk reduction for cultural heritage in disaster‐prone areas;
- Support post‐disaster cultural heritage recovery.
Eligible Project Applicants
- Eligible project applicants are defined as reputable and accountable non‐commercial entities. This may include Vietnamese non‐commercial entities, non‐governmental organizations, museums, ministries/ departments of culture, or similar institutions and organizations that are registered and active in SAM.gov and able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage.
- AFCP does not award grants to individuals, commercial entities, or past award recipients which have not fulfilled the reporting requirements of previous AFCP awards.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Vietnam
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/AFCP-2020-Grants-Annoucement.pdf