Deadline: 22 July 2019
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy South Africa of the U.S. Department of State has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications to manage travel logistics for exchange programming between South Africa and the United States.
The grantee will work cooperatively with the Public Affairs Sections in Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town, and Johannesburg to manage the travel logistics for exchange programming between South Africa and the United States. This initiative may include the following elements:
- Travel logistics and other related expenses for domestic travel for program participants.
- Logistics and related expenses for pre-departure orientations, to include selection and payment, and overnight accommodation and meals for participants.
- Logistics and related expenses for South Africans travelling to the United States, or Americans travelling to South Africa including airfare (domestic and international), travel allowance, transportation from home city to departure city, and hotel and meals in departure city if needed.
- Conference fees, per diem, or other program related expenses in the United States or South Africa.
- Return logistics following any programs, to include de-briefs and/or receptions for program participants.
- Total expected funding: $24,900.
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $20,000 to a maximum of $24,900.
- Length of performance period: 12 months.
Project activities must take place in South Africa and the United States, and be directed at South African audiences/participants.
Participants and Audiences
U.S. Diplomatic Mission to South Africa exchange program participants.
The following United States and South African organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations;
- Public and private educational institutions.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=316154