Deadline: 3 June 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Belmopan, Belize has announced a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) to strengthen democratic governance through capacity building for civil society organizations and civil servants through partnership in Belize.
- Host-nation governments create a competent civil service that provides non-partisan continuity and service.
- Central American civil society demand government accountability without reprisal of their rights and are able to influence policy outcomes. Host-nation governments uphold the values and practices of liberal democracy; citizens hold their governments accountable for these actions.
- To increase and enhance civil society and government partnership to improve service delivery and accountability. Proposals should be oriented towards activities by civil society organizations working with national and/or local government, particularly in vulnerable and/or marginalized communities, to improve governance systems. Capacity building for civil society organizations and/or government civil servants should be included.
- To develop mechanisms that improve coordination and cooperation between key stakeholders to improve basic local, municipal, or central government services for vulnerable and/or marginalized populations especially women. Proposals should be orientated towards enhancing the capacity of civilian front line agents and service providers to increase coordination, monitoring, reporting and response to issues such as, but not limited to, Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Trafficking in Persons (TIP).
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $750,000
- Award Ceiling: $400,000
- Award Floor: $200,000
U.S. Non-profit/non-governmental organizations (NGOs) having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS or overseas-based NGOs, institutions of higher education, and public international organizations (PIOs); Belizean NGOs are strongly encouraged to apply.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314904