Deadline: 15 September 2020
PAS awards a limited number of grants to individuals, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, academic institutions, and other organizations to enhance mutual understanding between the U.S. and Hong Kong and/or Macau. PAS will only consider grants that have a significant American component or aspect in their proposal.
The PAS Small Grants Program projects may include, but are not limited to, the following types of programs:
- Performing arts programs that present American music, dance, or theatre to local audiences, performed either by American performers or combinations of local and American performers.
- Programs that present American society, culture, history, or values to local audiences.
- The participation of American artists, musicians, performers, and filmmakers in local events and cultural festivals.
- Bilateral collaborative projects featuring participation of both local and American artists, performers, scholars, and/or other civil society groups.
The following types of projects are not eligible for funding:
- Requests with no connection to Hong Kong and/or Macau
- Those related to partisan political activity;
- Charitable activities or fundraising campaigns
- Construction projects;
- Projects that support specific religious activities;
- International travel, unless specifically justified within the proposal as being integral to the project;
- Trade activities;
- Commercial projects;
- Scientific research;
- Projects aiming only at primary institutional development of the organization; or
- Projects that duplicate existing projects.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $400,000
- Award Ceiling: $10,000
- Award Floor: $1,000
- PAS encourages applications from organizations located in Hong Kong or Macau, such as:
- Registered public or private nonprofit organizations, such as think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience
- Educational institutions
- Governmental institutions
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=321198