Deadline: 25 June 2020
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy to China (Embassy Beijing and Consulates General Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Shenyang, and Wuhan) has announced an open competition for assistance awards through this Notice of Funding Opportunities (NOFO).
Supporting civil society and creating a space for a diversity of people and ideas, enhancing and broadening the outreach of U.S. Mission China.
- PAS seeks to fund creative and results-oriented projects in China that promote civic engagement.
- Below is a sample list of the types of projects PAS will consider funding:
- Awareness campaigns, training and workshops aimed at raising public interest and involvement in addressing social issues.
- Lecture series, seminars, training and workshops for volunteers, government officials, social workers, and other stakeholders working on civil society programs and issues.
- Use of the arts, social media, technology or other creative approaches to address issues that impact the people of China in China.
- PAS will generally award multiple grants of up to US$20,000 per grant.
- Length of performance period: Most grants should be limited to 12 months or less.
- Number of awards anticipated: Subject to funds availability. In recent years, approximately 25 projects have been selected annually for funding.
- Eligibility is limited to entities/individuals qualified to receive U.S. grants and able to develop and implement programs in the People’s Republic of China. These include:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public and private educational institutions
- For the purpose of this NOFO, proposals from for-profit/commercial entities will not be considered. Proposals for the establishment of projects/programs in Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan will not be considered.
- The U.S. Embassy in Beijing and the Department of State encourage organizations/individuals that have not previously received international program funding from the U.S. Government to apply under this announcement.
- Other Specific Eligibility Criteria
- Expertise and established relationships with local Chinese institutions/organizations and local officials in the area where the proposed project/program(s) will be conducted is strongly preferred.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=327082