Deadline: 19 May 2020
The U.S. Consulate General, Public Affairs Section in Mumbai is soliciting proposals from legally recognized non-profit, non-governmental organizations that meet U.S. and Indian technical and legal requirements to develop and implement public diplomacy programs.
This funding opportunity seeks to influence business leaders and policy makers toward more favorable regulatory policies by leveraging successful U.S. businesspeople, especially notable Indian-Americans, to engage senior business leaders and members of indigenous Chambers of Commerce. By facilitating the speaking engagements of business leaders, the program will offer key local audiences with credible third-party voices on how open market reforms can bring tremendous economic benefits to Indian stakeholders.
The proposed project aims to flood the information space with expert opinions targeting Mumbai’s most influential members of the business community. Free trade experts from the United States will engage these influencers in small forums at regular intervals, providing anecdotal, quantitative, and qualitative data that can be used to convince policymakers why the business community, banking and financial officials, and other advisers desire an opening up of both U.S. and Indian markets to two-way trade.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Project Goal: Government and elected officials begin publicly pushing for and taking action toward economic regulatory reforms favorable to U.S. interests.
Project Objectives: Over the course of a year, bi-monthly (one every two months) expert speaker engagements reach 100 or more well-placed, highly-influential trade and industry insiders with compelling anecdotes and data. The target audience then shares these facts across the media landscape and engage in private conversations urging reforms with established policymakers, resulting in: reforms favorable to U.S. industry; publicly expressed openness to further negotiation on specific reforms; and a shift in tenor of media coverage toward the U.S.-India trade relationship, especially those media closely aligned with the ruling party.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Six executive-level speakers from the United States engage with influential Indian audiences.
- Speakers cumulatively engage over 1,000 influencers during their visits.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Maximum Award Amount: $50,000
- Minimum Award Amount: $10,000
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Think tanks
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
- Please choose organization nationality and type: International Not-for-Profit Organization.
- Organizations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, non-governmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award. When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
- Cost sharing or matching is not required for this funding opportunity.
- Pre-award costs are not an allowable expense for this funding opportunity.
Applicants must ensure:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- All documents are in English
- All budgets are in U.S. dollars and calculated @ USD 1 = INR 68
- All pages are numbered
- All materials are submitted in .pdf format
- Applicant has read the Standard Terms and Conditions applicable to all Grants and Cooperative agreements. Included in the package here.
- Forms SF-424, SF-424A and SF-424B are completed and submitted with the application. These forms are included in the package.
- Applicants submitting proposals over $100,000 must also submit Standard Form LLL (SF-LLL), Disclosure of Lobbying Activities.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=325639