Deadline: 3 November 2017
The UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth is currently inviting applications for its Young Leaders Initiative which is part of the Global Youth Partnership for Sustainable Development Goals, launched in 2015.
The Young Leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals are 17 global citizens who have been recognized for their outstanding leadership in their efforts to achieve the Goals.
The Young Leaders come together as a community to support efforts to engage young people in the realization of the SDGs both through strategic opportunities with the UN and through their existing initiatives, platforms and networks. Young Leaders will be expected to actively support one or more of the following objectives:
- Advocate for the Goals, in ways most accessible and relatable to young people across different contexts;
- Promote innovative ways of engaging their audiences and peers in the advocacy and realization of the Goals;
- Contribute to a brain trust of young leaders supporting the UN and partners for key moments and initiatives related to the Goals.
- Nominees must be between 18 and 30 years old (as of August 12, 2017).
- Successful candidates will be selected based on:
- Their demonstrated achievements in promoting and advancing sustainable development;
- The ability to command an audience, influence their contemporaries and inspire their constituents;
- Their personal influence within their respective fields and reputation for inclusive and innovative leadership;
- Their demonstrated integrity, commitment to the SDGs and core values of the UN.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via the given website.
For more information, visit http://sdgyoungleaders.org/