Deadline: 25 November 2018
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is seeking proposals for its program entitled “Capacity Development of CSOs to Effectively Engage in Climate Change and DRR Actions”.
The overall objective of this assignment is to identify women led and managed CSOs working for women’s empowerment at national, and local levels; assess their interest, experience and potential capacity to engage in gender inclusive disaster risk reduction, climate changeand humanitarian actions,including advocacy and negotiations for the same purpose. Another objective is to build capacity of selected CSO’s based on the assessment report to effectively engage in DRR-CCA negotiations and planning.
The assessment will be conducted by a consulting firm or by an NGO and will work under the direct supervision and guidance of Project Team of Department of Women Affairs under National Resilience Programme. The organization is expected to come with a Proposal with methodology for conducting the capacity assessment, capacity development plan, workplan with time line and budget. The methodology will be finalized in consultation with the project team before commencement of the survey. The study should employ both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Advised to propose a team which Includes Team Leader, Capacity Development Expert, Gender Expert, Researcher, DRR-CCA Expert, Trainers for conducting mapping, capacity assessment and development of the selected women’s organization. The consulting firm/NGO will ensure that relevant members from the assignment execution team should possess the following experiences, skills and competencies:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ of experience in designing, implementing, managing and coordinating survey/research/assessment/on Climate Change, DRR Humanitarian actions, and women’s empowerment. Understanding Inclusion and Disability will have an additional value
- The lead researcher and the members of the team should have excellent academic and research background and have proven track record in conducting similar assignment on Climate Change, DRR and Humanitarian Actions. Any research done on disaster and disability, gender and disability will be an additional value
- The team should have research experience on Disaster Risk Reduction, Resilience Building, Women Empowerment and Gender Equality and Disability Inclusion issues
- Knowledge and experience of using research/survey concept, approaches, tools, techniques, methodologies, sampling, etc.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection, validation, entry and analysis using statistical software and drafting skills
- Strong analytical skills on gender analysis in overall aspects of survey designing and conducting
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills as well as fluency in English
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and groups
- Ability to produce high quality work under tight timeframes
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments
- Ability to develop high quality research reports in English
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their expression of interest at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2z5Wcp8