Deadline: 20 December 2019
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is seeking proposals for its program entitled “Promoting women’s leadership through partnerships with women-led and women’s rights organizations in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and resilience building”.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Build capacity of 63 local and national level women led organizations on Governance and Accountability, Safeguarding and Protection, Networking and Leadership Capacity, Advocacy and Negotiations, National, Regional and Global perspectives on DRR, CCA and HA.
- Facilitate a dialogue between different stakeholder groups on the opportunities and challenges of women’s leadership and localization of Disaster Risk Reduction and resilience building
- Organize peer learning, exchange visits, and facilitate CSO representative participation in national, regional and global events to showcase best practices and do advocacy for gender mainstreaming in DRR, CCA, and HA.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Technical/functional competencies required
- Proven technical competencies in implementing programmes on disaster risk reduction, climate change, gender equality and women’s empowerment; and in formulating result oriented programme, monitoring programme based on indicators and quality reporting.
- Demonstrated organizational experiences in building partnerships with women led organisations, CSOs, government agencies and other non-traditional partners.
- Demonstrates commitment to working with women and girls that are economically, politically, socially, culturally, or otherwise excluded, marginalized, and/or disempowered.
- Other competencies, which while not required, can be an asset for the performance of services
- Tested approach on Rights-based approaches to advance women’s economic and political empowerment and ensuring the voices and needs of women as rights-holders
- Operational competencies required for the performance of services
- Demonstrated track record of supporting UN and I/NGOs
- Organizational profile having adequate permanent human resources and other office equipment and logistic support
- Financial Capability should be shown as financial turnover supported by a registered audit firm for the last three years
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=61785