Deadline: 17 September 2017
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is currently inviting civil society organizations (CSOs) or CSO networks working on gender equality and ending violence against women to submit proposals that aim at: increasing capacities of providers of general and specialist support services for women survivors of all forms of violence to implement the relevant international standards, including those provided in the Convention of Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence (Istanbul Convention).
This Call for Proposals is related to the third component of the programme and aims at supporting the Government of Albania to fulfill its obligations related to provision of services for women survivors of violence under CEDAW, the Istanbul Convention, and national legislation and policies.
The specific project under this proposal contributes to the programme’s Specific Objective 3: “To empower women and girls, including those from disadvantaged groups, who have experienced violence and discrimination to advocate for, and use available, accessible and good quality services”.
All proposals for both components must fall between a minimum indicative amount of EUR 55.000 and a maximum amount of EUR 60.000.
- Women’s CSOs/women’s CSOs networks and platforms that have specialized knowledge, expertise, and track record of working in women’s human rights and ending violence against women
- Women’s CSOs/women’s networks and platforms with track record in increasing capacities of providers of services for women survivors of violence, in accordance with international human rights treaties and conventions, and more specifically the CEADW and Istanbul Convention
- Civil society organizations working on gender equality and women’s empowerment with track record of working on ending discrimination and violence against women
- Gender equality focus: Applicant must demonstrate experience in implementing programmes on gender equality and ending violence against women and girls through an organizational resume or CV of past implementing experience and areas of expertise. (Documents required)
- Women’s network/platforms are encouraged to apply, but for the purpose of this application, they should be represented by only one organization, which will take the lead during the implementation of the project and shall be responsible for the project’s deliverables as defined in this CfP.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit all required application documents via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Albania
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.