Deadline: 5 March 2020
UNDP is seeking an NGO/CSO as responsible party that will manage the Small Grants Programme on the issues of community security, social cohesion, access to justice, community policing, advocacy and gender equality.
The funding for this Small Grants Programme will be provided with support from the European Union, Denmark, the Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland. The Responsible Party will administer SGP in the target hromadas, provide support and ensure implementation process for provision on a competitive basis of small grants to local NGO-grantees in Donetsk (government-controlled areas – GCAs), Dnipropetrovsk, Luhansk (government-controlled areas – GCAs), Zaporizzhia and Zhytomyr oblasts.
The Programme, which operates based on a pooled funding arrangement, follows a multi-sectoral programme-based approach and is implemented using an area-based methodology. With the current project, it is a unifying interventions framework for twelve projects funded by twelve international partners.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The overall objective of this Call for Proposals is to select an NGO/CSO as a Responsible Party for establishing a mechanism and managing the process of allocation of small grants to NGOs/CSOs on the issues of community security, social cohesion, access to justice, community policing, advocacy and gender equality in the target hromadas of Donetsk (GCAs), Dnipropetrovsk, Luhansk (GCAs), Zaporizzhia and Zhytomyr oblasts. The list of target hromadas for each oblast will be provided to the Responsible Party selected.
Specifically, the Responsible Party shall implement the following:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Develop and agree with UNDP the detailed plan and schedule for implementation of the objectives, evaluation methodology for applications, monitoring and evaluation methodology for effective implementation of the supported projects;
- Develop the application documents package for the small grants programme; – Announce, advertise and manage each Calls for proposals under the small grants programme;
- Ensure broad dissemination of information about the small grants programme among key stakeholders and public;
- Arrange the review and evaluation of project proposals by Evaluation Committees in each of the areas announced;
- Sign grant agreements with beneficiaries and provide funding/grant (template of grant agreement should be agreed with UNDP);
- Monitor implementation of grant projects by each grantee;
- Develop a procedure for return of the grant funds in case of non-compliance of the grantee’s activities with the terms of a grant agreement;
- Coordinate activities with other UNDP activities with training programmes on project management for the grantees.
- The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is USD 299,000.00. UNDP reserves the right not to award all available funds should the number and quality of applications not meet the criteria. Moreover, UNDP reserves the right not to fund any proposals arising from this Call for Proposals.
- Small Grants Fund should be equal to USD 260,000.00 and cannot be changed while administration and management services costs should be less or equal to USD 39,000.00. The amount requested in the proposal should be commensurate with the organization’s administrative and financial management capabilities.
- The duration of proposed activities should not exceed the period of eight (8) months. The anticipated implementation period is April 2020 – November 2020. The organizations are requested to submit a clear dynamic plan for each deliverable within the foreseen time frame.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Interested NGOs/CSOs must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the selection:
- Entities registered in Ukraine for at least 2 years (non-governmental, public, charitable, non-profit);
- Experience in the management of grant programmes (at least two programmes with a total number of recipients over 40);
- Experience in project implementation or execution of contracts for the provision of professional services in the area of grant programmes management with a total budget of projects/contracts from USD 80,000.00;
- Legal status of the organization should enable it to receive grant pool from UNDP without incurring in tax liabilities.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Applicants must submit their proposals through e-tendering online.
- Only one submission per organization is allowed. Organizations may not participate in more than one proposal. Once the application is complete and submitted, revised versions of proposal documents will not be accepted. Partial application will not be accepted.
For more information, visit https://www.ungm.org/Public/Notice/104408