This Call for Proposals is specifically related to the project UNDP Strengthening Local Capacities for Resilience and Recovery Project (SLCRR) Top-Up, funded by the EU, which aims at responding to the many conflicts and human mobility-induced challenges, that impact negatively citizens’ access to essential service, source of jobs and livelihoods, the social cohesion and security of communities.
- The key objectives of this project are: The affected population is capable of supporting themselves through the restart of their livelihood activities and reducing dependency on aid for a longer period.
- Recover the lost/damaged livelihood productive assets of affected households and protect erosion of the household’s other remaining assets and capacities.
- The overall indicative grant pool amount made available under this Call for proposal is US Dollars 200,000.00, targeting from 80 to 120 households.
- The project will be taking place over a period of 7 months.
The applicants have to meet the following minimum criteria:
- Non-governmental, charitable, non-profit organization operating in Libya in humanitarian or development projects for at least one year;
- At least one proven project in implementing Asset Recovery through distribution-in-kind or Cash grants to households implemented in disaster or conflict settings, not limited to Libya, is required.
- The geographical areas of operation of the NGO match the selected municipality (Kikla).
- Previous experience in conducting business training in the context of emergency livelihoods is a strong asset.
- Previous experience in project administration from the UN agencies is a strong asset.
- Availability of human resources that will ensure due quality and timely implementation of the contract. NGOs must have a team of at least four or more members satisfying the requirements.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3n4GXFG