Deadline: 30 June 2016
Applications are open for the Civil Society Democratic Governance Facility (Amkeni Wakenya) which is a flagship civil society strengthening project of UNDP. The project aims to provide coordinated technical and financial support to civil society organizations (CSOs) working on democratic governance in Kenya.
This is a targeted Call Open to Civil Society Organizations duly registered in Kenya with physical presence in the targeted counties of Kwale, Kitui and Turkana.
- Promoting Access to Justice and Realization of Human Rights
- Promoting People Centered- devolution and local governance
Funding Lots under this Call for Proposals
- Lot 1: Projects aimed at entrenching people-centered and accountable devolved governance in Kwale and Turkana Counties (to promote stabilization and prevent radicalization of vulnerable groups)
- Lot 2: Projects aimed at promotion of access to justice and realization of human rights in Nairobi,Turkana, Kwale and Kitui counties
In order to be eligible for a grant, applicants must:
- Be a non-profit making Civil Society Organization (CSO) registered under the relevant Laws of Kenya for a period of not less than two (2) years
- Have a physical presence in the county applied for i.e. Have a functional office in the county
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project with their partners, not acting as an intermediary;
- Demonstrate prior experience of at least two years or more, carrying out activities in the field of development of the kind covered under this programme;
- Demonstrate a good sustainability potential
- Have a bank account.
- Must have certified financial audit reports for the past 2 years
- Must submit at least one Letter of Endorsement from a grant organization other than AmkeniWakenya
- Applicants funded previously by AmkeniWakenya with good implementation record will have an added advantage
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted in accordance with the instructions on the Expression of interest and Full application form included in the Grant Application Form.
- All applications MUST be in English.
- Applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope by registered mail, private courier service or by hand-delivery (a signed and dated certificate of receipt will be given to the deliverer) to the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Kenya
For more information, please visit Deepening Human Rights-Centered and transformative Governance.