Deadline: 25 October 2019
UNDP is requesting all Civil Society Organizations, Community Based Organizations, women’s rights movements and women’s led groups to advocate and lobby for change in laws and policies at the same time create awareness on SGBV prevention through this “Call for Proposals”.
Violence against women and girls is considered one of the most pervasive, widespread and devastating human rights violations in the world today. It is a major obstacle to the fulfilment of women’s and girls’ human rights and to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It occurs worldwide, cutting across all generations, nationalities, communities and spheres of their societies, irrespective of age, ethnicity, disability or other background.
Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) is prevalent in Liberian society and has been accepted as an integral part of gender relations according to UN/GoL report (2014). During the long years of devasting civil conflict, this situation was worsened as rape was used as a weapon of war driven by unequal gender relations.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Implemented in the context of the Pro-Poor Agenda for Prosperity and Development of the GoL, the EU/UN Spotlight Programme aims to support the Government of Liberia in its efforts to build a society where vulnerable women and girls and marginalized groups can enjoy their full rights and achieve their potential in a secure and safe environment. Its ultimate goal is to reduce significantly the prevalence of SGBV, HPs and their inter-linkages with sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR).
The programme will be accompanied with strong capacity development to support and strengthen capacity of CSOs to effectively advocate and lobby for change in laws and policies that are discriminatory against women, as well as raising awareness on the existing legal and policy frameworks that seek to address SGBV and Harmful Practices.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The activity is part of the EU/UN Spotlight Initiatives (a multi-national partnership initiative designed to eliminate all forms of violence against women and girls as well as increase access to sexual and reproductive health and rights services) and will be implemented in the five mostaffected counties(Montserrado, Grand Cape Mount, Lofa, Nimba and Grand Gedeh).
The grant focuses on pillar 6 of the EU Spotlight Initiatives Country Programme Document of which the specific outputs seek to ensure:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Women’s rights groups and relevant CSOs, have increased opportunities and support to share knowledge, network, partner and jointly advocate for Gender Equality and Women Empowerment (GEWE) and ending SGBV/HP, and promoting SRHR, with relevant stakeholders at sub-national, national, regional and global levels.
- CSOs are asked to develop innovative projects with SMART objectives and indicators to achieve the output mentioned below in the following format.
- Technical description and proposed technical approach (activities, milestones, timeline)
- Relevance and technical capacity
- Organizational experience and proven track record/credibility on gender and development including relevant experience in partnerships with UNDP, other UN agencies, governments, NGOs, and other development actors
- Financial proposal- detailed budget against each activity identified.
- CSOs can apply to work at national or county level based on their capacities
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
The required outputs of this scope of work are described below:
- CSOs/CBOS to advocate and lobby for change of laws and policies at national and local levels
- Conduct outreach and awareness on new laws and policies, as well as raising awareness on SGBV prevention and response, through community participations
- Work with the relevant government institutions, CSOs and other stakeholders for proper coordination to advocate for GEWE in response to VAWG including SGBV/HP and promote access to SRHR services for women and girls
- Provide regular updates along with narrative and financial reports
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Grants will be awarded to organizations based on the following considerations:
- National or local women’s led organizations, Women’s rights organizations/ movements;
- Whether the CSO is registered in Liberia with office in Montserrado and/or other selected Spotlight counties;
- The organization’s proven administrative and financial management capacity to undertake the project;
- The feasibility and soundness of the proposal with sustainability strategies and related budget;
- The institutional capacity of the CSO;
- The legitimacy and quality of the contribution and values that the CSO can provide for the attainment of development results and maximizing the impact of a programme/project
CSO implementation teams should possess the following key competencies:
- Advocacy and communications skills;
- Project Coordination;
- Development of strategies, plans and /or programs to prevent and respond to VAWG, including SGBV/HP, and promote women and girls’ SRHR, for women and girls facing intersecting and multiple forms of discrimination;
- Skilled in community-based projects and programs;
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
Eligible Country: Liberia
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=59949
(Ad) How will you feel when you view grants for all countries around the world? fundsforNGOs Premium has a World Map of Grants that offers open and live grants for all the countries in one single view. Click on any country, and you can view the latest grants updated in real-time. Learn more.