The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has launched a call for proposal to award a Grant of up to USD 12,000 to Organizations of Persons with Disabilities in Lao PDR to advance the implementation of the United Nations (UN) Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and domestic legislation and policies affecting persons with disabilities across Lao PDR, including through strengthening their knowledge and capacities.
Under the Grant, UNDP welcomes proposals on the activities that contribute to OPDs’meaningful participation in the NCPD-led development process of a National Action Plan to implement the CRPD Concluding Observations, including its tailor-made M&E indicators.
- Contribute to the CRPD Review follow-up processes;
- Empower OPDs to participate in decision-making affecting persons with disabilities;
- Facilitate networking and coordination among OPDs and other non-governmental organizations working in the area of disability inclusion;
- Enhance dialogue on disability inclusion between the NCDP,Government agencies, OPDs, and other non-governmental organizations working in this area.
Suggested Modalities of Interventions:
- Coordination of OPDs’meaningful participation in the development of a National Action Plan, including through the development of tailor-made M&Eindicators;
- Coordination of the elaboration of an OPDs’ Joint Advocacy Plan inline with CRPD Concluding Observations;
- Public awareness-raising;
- Capacity-building and knowledge-sharing through OPDs Network Coordination Meetings.
- Maximum Grant Available: USD 12,000.
- National non-profit Organizations of Persons with Disabilities
- The UNDP Grant not exceeding USD 12,000 will be provided to onenationalnon-profit OPD.
- According to the UNDP Programme and Operations Policies and Procedures (POPP), the Grant can be awarded to non-governmental organizations, including non-governmental academic or educational institutions. The private sector, commercial entities, and governmental organizations, such as regional governments, municipalities, etc., are currently not eligible to receive this Grant.
- The selection criteria will involve the following elements:
- Capacity of the applicant organization;
- Experience and existing partnerships with national OPDs and NCPD;
- Simplicity and ease of implementation, yet adopting innovative or unconventional approaches;
- Effectiveness and measurability of impact; and
For more information, visit UNDP.