In collaboration with the Ministry of Local Government, Departments of Community Development and target municipalities, UNDP is looking at supporting Departments of Community Development in setting-up Peacebuilding Committees to develop local peacebuilding development plans in the following nine municipalities: Kufra, Brak Al shati, Murzuq, Sebha, Ubari, Ghat, Gurda, Sharghuiya and Bint Baya.
- The project will build on existing conflict assessments to establish an inclusive, common understanding of challenges to peace and potential solutions in each municipality on which to base the capacity development, civic engagement, and peace planning processes.
- The estimated total funds allocated for “Developing Peacebuilding local development plans and Tension Monitoring Mechanism across nine municipalities in Libya” amounts to 752,000 USD.
- The anticipated implementation period is 09 months (April 2023 – December 2023).
Scope of Work and Expected Outputs
- Ensure engagement and guidance of selectedPeacebuilding Committees in writing peacebuilding local development plans based on identified local priorities in: Kufra, Brak Al shati, Murzuq, Sebha, Ubari, Ghat, Gurda, Sharghuiya and Bint Baya. Proposals may only be submitted for all 9 locations together.
- Ensure a close coordination with the MoLG and the Peacebuilding Committees in defining and identifying areas of tension. The objective is to generate an online Tension Monitoring Platform to serve as a local early warning system.
- The International NGO should ensure the following minimum requirements:
- Officially registered company/organization (or work through a registered implementing partner).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project development.
- At least 3 years’ experience in supporting organizational bodies in developing local development plans.
- At least 3 years of capacity building training expertise in context assessment, women empowerment, conflict sensitivity, social cohesion, climate risks/environment sensitive, PCM.
- Ability to avail a team that is qualified and experienced in developing training material and support Peacebuilding Committees in developing local plans (at least one expert with minimum 3 years of relevant experience in developing local development plans; plus one expert with minimum 3 years of capacity building training expertise; and at least 3 field staffs to cover 9 municipalities.)
- Ability to avail a team that is qualified and experienced in developing online tension monitoring platform (with at least a project manager with 5 years of experience to supervise the coordination with the MoLG and an IT Specialist with a minimum of 2 years of experience to support the creation of the online platform).
- Ability to collect and analyse large quantities of data within strict and limited time frames and to produce high quality and timely reports.
- Language proficiency in written and oral English and Arabic (or ability to work with internal translation) is required.
For more information, visit UNDP.