Deadline: 21 August 2019
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is inviting applicants to submit an offer to this Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Mid-Term evaluation of the Central African Forest Initiative (CAFI) Fund.
- Sustainable agricultural practices lead to less land conversion and increased food security
- Sustainable alternatives to current wood energy practices are adopted.
- Forestry sector institutions have the capacity and the legal framework to promote, monitor and enforce sustainable forest management;
- Future infrastructure and mining projects minimize their overall footprint
- Land use planning decisions ensure a balanced representation of sectoral interests and keep forests standing, and better tenure security does not incentivize conversion by individuals or communities.
- Population growth and migration to forests and forest fronts are slowed down.
- Better inter-ministerial coordination and governance resulting in permitting and fiscal regime of economic activities that do not push economic actors to forest conversion and illegal activities.
- Advanced university degree in international development, Forestry, Environmental Sciences or other relevant social science areas.
- Extensive evaluation experience, including of large, regional or global programmes and using a Theory of Change approach;
- Extensive team leadership experience;
- In-depth knowledge of Forests and Climate Change issues in the Central African region;
- Knowledge of results-based management orientation and practices;
- Experience from or knowledge of UN agencies (in particular FAO, UNDP, UN-Habitat, UNOPS, UNCDF), World Bank and bilateral cooperation agencies or banks (JICA, ENABEL, AFD) and any other organization listed here
- Excellent writing skills in English and working level knowledge of French.
- Attention to detail and respect for deadlines.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience, longer professional experience is an advantage, including proven experience in developing countries.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=57806