Deadline: 28 October 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Botswana is currently inviting Civil Society Organisations for its GEF Small Grants Programme to address environment on specific areas of climate smart innovative agro-ecology, low carbon energy access co-benefits and local to global chemical management coalitions and tap on the opportunities in line with the country environmental management and development priorities and the GEF targets.
The Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) provides Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in developing countries with grants to enable them to tackle global environmental challenges while addressing local sustainable development needs.
The programme has focused on establishing an efficient, decentralized and transparent system for providing small grant support to community-level initiatives.
- Climate smart innovative agro-ecology
- Low carbon energy access co-benefits
- Local to global chemical management coalitions
The maximum SGP grant amount for the project under the call is USD 50,000.00
- The CSO should be legally registered and assessed to ensure capacity to receive, manage and report on disbursed funds;
- Demonstrate experience in similar or related work/projects. However, in case of capacity limitations, the selected entity could, at its own discretion and in consultation with UNDP and SGP, outsource some services from qualified third parties;
- In the event the CSO decides to outsource the services, the GEF/SGP shall however not be responsible for, nor enter into any correspondence, negotiations or agreements whatsoever with third parties. The GEF/SGP and UNDP CO will however, exercise oversight in determining the suitability and eligibility of the third parties.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.