Deadline: 8 January 2017
The purpose of engaging the public is to encourage participation in advocacy campaigns and/or to gain new leads (email addresses and telephone numbers) for conversion to donors. This engagement will be primarily via digital channels.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is the world’s leading organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees. UNHCR operates in the field in over 125 countries, using its expertise to protect and care for refugees, returnees, internally displaced people and stateless persons.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
UNHCR leads international action to protect people forced to flee their homes because of conflict and persecution. It delivers life-saving assistance like shelter, food and water. UNHCR helps safeguard fundamental human rights and develop solutions that ensure people have a safe place to call home where they can build a better future.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Features that any public engagement/lead generation activity must include:
- Easy to execute to achieve a high volume of leads
- Generate quality leads who will convert well to donors
- It must have a built-in donor on-boarding and follow-up strategy with accompanying assets to convert leads to donors and then retain them
- Creative concepts should be adaptable to lead generation/advertising formats across the main digital channels, including Facebook, Twitter, email, SEM, display advertising and local digital platforms such as Line in Asia.
- Creative concepts must be adaptable for different languages and cultural contexts as they will be used in up to 20 different countries from Asia, Australia, Europe, Americas, Middle East and North Africa
- It must support UNHCR’s key brand attributes which are that we get things done, make a difference in people’s lives and can be trusted
- Strong storytelling which captures imaginations
- Fresh and bold content
- Giving people the power to have direct influence
- They should educate and foster an environment of understanding and empathy with refugees
- Be digitally led – made for a digital audience in terms of style, length, share-ability etc.
- Where directed, include celebrity participation, both in terms of the creative’s but also in terms of related online promotion and PR
Activities could also:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Use corporate for micro-donations e.g. e-commerce and on-line ticketing sites, partner would integrate a call to action to make micro donation or provide contact details. Although this is obviously dependent on a corporate partner and would need to be led by them.
- Utilize celebrity
- A description of Applicants Company with evidence of his/her company’s capacity to perform the services required, including:
- Company profile,
- Registration certificate
- Last audit reports
- If a multi-location company, please specify the location of the company’s headquarters, and the branches that will be involved in the project work with founding dates;
- Examples of similar projects with results
- Number of similar projects currently underway
- Any relevant experience working with non-profit organizations preferably in a number of different markets
- Applicant are requested to provide three (3) references that we may contact from their current client list
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit UNHCR Request for Proposal.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.