Deadline: 3 January 2017
The United Nations Children’s Fund is seeking proposals from eligible entities for the program entitled “Public Engagement Initiative for Refugee” with an aim frame a new public narrative around the refugee crisis and to help activate the public in support of refugee children.
UNICEF is seeking to engage the public in multiple countries and shift perceptions of refugees so as to ultimately benefit refugee children in areas such as education and protection. In partnership with other actors, the organization will inspire and leverage public participation through various platforms and media alongside cross-organizational partnerships to achieve better outcomes for refugee children. This effort will be driven by meaningful participation from a wide range of organizations, groups and individuals across multiple countries.
Scope of Work
- Continue Campaign Planning
- Content Creation & Communication Strategy
- Asset development and Technology
- Campaign Execution & Refinement
- Promotion & Distribution
- Continue to revise and refine high-level strategy for building a movement around the refugee crisis
- Continue to foster a core team of partners and public-facing brand for the initiative
- Identify and continue to develop specific opportunities for public activation
- Campaign planning and execution of at least 4 campaigns with at least one targeting faith-based communities; these campaigns will comprise year 2 of the initiative
- High-level engagement and activation strategy that outlines how the public will be effectively mobilized around the issue continues to be developed and refined
- Strategic partners and stakeholders organized into an ongoing concern
- Campaign opportunities continue to be developed and campaign concepts prepared
- Public-facing brand for the initiative developed
- Land on 4 high profile mobilization/campaign opportunities (including at least one that involves faith-inspired communities) and execute them with partners through various platforms
- Secure at least 7 paid and unpaid distribution partnerships that enable reach to target audiences and bring great visibility to the issue; visibility should be measurable
- Reach at least 300,000,000 million people across the globe through the various creative campaigns and trigger observable spikes in positive engagement through social media
- At least 100,000 people take offline actions in support if refugee children in target jurisdictions
- Achieve at least a dozen earned media hits in top tier outlets
- Experience in developing and activating public engagement initiatives to create social change and impact among targeted constituencies and the general public;
- Expertise in developing innovative content, tools and communication solutions for social impact campaigns, including through digital platforms and social media;
- A proven track record in conducting strategic audience research, positioning and messaging and gaining desired results;
- Experience collaborating closely with a UN organization and within a partnership framework;
- The ability to create and activate public engagement initiatives that secure visibility in a competitive media environment and have social impact,
- Experience in conducting strategic audience research, positioning, messaging and gaining desired results; and measuring these results.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their proposals electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit Public Engagement Initiative for Refugee.