- Tackling Child Abuse & Neglect – 8th September 2021
- Medical Research – 8th September 2021 11:00:am
- Visual Impairment & Sight Loss – 8th September 2021 11:00:am
- Neurological Conditions – 8th September 2021 11:00:am
- Animal Welfare – 9th March 2022
The RS Macdonald Charitable Trust is inviting applications for its Main Grants Program for organisations that tackle Child Abuse, Animal Welfare and manage Health and welfare of Individuals with disability.
- Tackling Child Abuse & Neglect: The care and welfare of children and young persons under the age of eighteen years who have been or are in danger of being abused physically, sexually or mentally. The encouragement and promotion of welfare conditions for children whereby the likelihood of physical, sexual or mental abuse is reduced.
- Medical Research: Research into the causation, or prevention, or treatment and/or management, of:
- neurodevelopmental or neurodegenerative disorders.
- visual impairment or sight loss.
- Visual Impairment & Sight Loss: The care and welfare of individuals who are either blind or suffering from visual impairment.
- Neurological Conditions: The care and welfare of individuals suffering from neurodevelopmental or neurodegenerative disorders of genetic or other aetiology (cause) or from disorders affecting the nervous system resulting from specific incidents of trauma, poison or infection, which result in damage to motor control, behaviour, communication or personality or from a combination of these.
- Animal Welfare: The care and welfare of non human living creatures which are either in danger, facing danger, the victims of, or in danger of being the victims of, physical abuse. The encouragement of welfare conditions for non human living creatures with a view to the reduction of the likelihood of physical abuse.
- These are grants of more than £15,000, with an average award of around £35,000.
- This average is for the whole award (so multi-year grants are on average £12,000-£18,000 a year for two or three years).
- You can apply for the grants if:
- Your organisation is a registered charity
- You are based in, or operating in, Scotland
- Your work addresses one of the funding themes
- The Trust will not fund:
- Organisations that are not registered charities
- Projects that do not deliver a benefit in Scotland
- There are no restrictions on the size of the charity that can apply for funding but please be aware that the Trust will take account of a charity’s level of reserves when assessing applications.
For more information, visit https://www.rsmacdonald.com/our-grants/