Applications are now open for the Food Producer Network to strengthen Puerto Rico’s food security and its food economy by providing financial support through grants to smallholder farmers, fishers, food producers, food-focused community groups or non-profits, and food-related small businesses that purchase or distribute products locally.
In addition to the grants, the Food Producer Network provides support to its participants through training in technical and business areas, networking, work brigades and volunteering.
- $3.7 million awarded through 234 WCK grants
- FPN grantees see an average of 174% increase in sales after 12 months
- FPN has supported production of 1.3 million pounds of food since 2018
- 7,900 hours of capacity building and networking completed
- 15 volunteers have spent time working on FPN grantee farms
- More than 50% of FPN grantees are women led or co-led
Applicants can request between $5,000.00 to $20,000.00 in funds.
This application is intended for:
- Applicants who have not received funds from World Central Kitchen (WCK)
- Applicants who are applying to the Food Producer Network for the first time
- Applicants who applied in a past application round but their application was not approved
- Agriculture: small to medium sized agricultural projects (farms, hydroponics, beekeeping, animal husbandry, aquaculture, etc)
- Fishery: fishers, fishmongers, fish shops, fishing villages, etc
- Food businesses: food producers, manufacturers, distributors, or suppliers.
- Associations: associations, cooperatives, etc
- Non-profit organizations: NGOs, community groups, or other community projects related to food production and/or its distribution
- Large scale agricultural projects (50 acres or more in production)
- Emerging projects or businesses
- Projects or businesses in the ideation or conceptual stage
- Projects or businesses without production or sales history
- Projects focused on export
For more information, visit https://wckgrant.smapply.io/prog/fpn-pr/