U.S. Embassy Conakry is pleased to announce a call for proposals for the 2021 U.S. Ambassador’s Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) Small Grants.
AFCP supports projects to preserve a wide range of cultural heritage in less developed countries, including historic buildings, archaeological sites, ethnographic objects, paintings, manuscripts, and indigenous languages and other forms of traditional cultural expression.
The AFCP 2021 Small Grants Competition supports the preservation of cultural sites, cultural objects and collections, and forms of traditional cultural expression. Appropriate project activities may include:
- In the case of cultural sites: conservation of an ancient or historic building, preservation of an archaeological site, or documentation of cultural sites in a region for preservation purposes
- In the case of cultural objects and collections: conservation needs assessments and treatment, inventory of a collection for conservation purposes, the creation of safe environments for storage or display of collections, or specialized training in the care and preservation of collections
- In the case of forms of traditional cultural expression: documentation and audiovisual recording of traditional music, indigenous languages and dance forms for broad dissemination as the means of teaching and further preserving them, or support for training in the preservation of traditional applied arts or crafts in danger of extinction.
U.S. Embassy Conakry offering grants from US $10,000 to US $200,000 per project.
- Reputable and accountable non-commercial entities, able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage.
- This may include non-governmental organizations, museums, universities, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations, including U.S.- based organizations subject to Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. Past AFCP award recipients may submit applications for continuation funds under this opportunity.
- The AFCP will not award grants to individuals, commercial entities, or past award recipients that have not fulfilled the objectives or reporting requirements of previous AFCP awards.
For more information, visit https://gn.usembassy.gov/u-s-ambassadors-fund-for-cultural-preservation-2021/