The Baltimore Community Foundation (BCF) is seeking applications for Eddie C. and C. Sylvia Brown Family Foundation Grants Program to support charitable organizations addressing needs in the areas of health, the arts, and K-12 education.
- Typical Grants: $2,500
- Organizations (or their fiscal agents) serving the Baltimore area that qualify as public charities under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national origin, color, physical handicap, gender or sexual orientation.
The Brown Family Foundation will focus its grantmaking in three general areas: the arts, K-12 education, and health (HIV/AIDS and cancer). The foundation’s grantmaking will support programs that:
- Provide opportunities for youth involvement in meaningful art experiences. This can include support for arts organizations or youth serving organizations that have developed programs which expose young people to the arts. Programs that infuse the arts as a tool for leadership development, academic enrichment, and are built on strong youth development principles are encouraged to apply.
- Provide access to educational opportunities for disadvantaged children and youth. This can include local organizations that work to improve K-12 public education and to offer enhancement and enrichment opportunities to Baltimore City students. Educational opportunities are defined in the broadest sense to include, but are not limited to: afterschool programs, mentoring, alternative education, computer technology, scholarship support, as well as traditional in-school K-12 programs;
- Address the impact of HIV/AIDS on the African American community. Programs that provide direct services and intervention including testing and counseling, case management strategies, and access to treatment will be considered.
- Address the prevention and treatment of cancer. This can include local organizations that provide cancer screening, prevention education, and treatment modalities.
- Arts and education programs that serve a core group of children and/or youth over an extended period of time rather than a large number of youth for a short period of time are encouraged to apply.
- Organizations with a proven track record and clear programmatic outcomes will be competitive.
For more information, visit https://bcf.org/for-grantseekers/grants/eddie-c-and-c-sylvia-brown-family-foundation/