The United States Agency for International Development Mission in Burundi (USAID/Burundi) seeks applications for a cooperative agreement from qualified entities to implement the 5-year HIV Care and Treatment Activity in Burundi.
- The goal of the PEPFAR HIV Care & Treatment Activity, hereinafter referred to as the “Activity”, is to reach and sustain HIV/AIDS epidemic control in Burundi. The Activity will address critical challenges to, and focus on, closing persistent gaps in achieving the 95-95-95 UNAIDS goals at the district level by age and sex. Using evidence-based, data-driven, and collaborative approaches, this Activity will develop, improve, and/or scale-up equitable interventions and services along the comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment continuum to ensure access to quality services for all people living with HIV (PLHIV) and/or those at an increased risk of HIV. Throughout implementation, the Activity will complement existing US Government-funded and other donor-funded activities in collaboration with the Ministry of Health to improve HIV service delivery and strengthen the health system.
This Activity contributes to the USAID/Burundi Mission’s results framework through the following two development objectives:
- Development Objective (DO1) Human Capital Developed linked to the Intermediate Result (IR 1.1) Quality Health Services and Systems Strengthened
- Development Objective (DO2) Peacebuilding Capitalized linked to the Intermediate Result (IR 2.2) Civil Society and Private Sector Participation Promoted
This Activity also contributes to the U.S. government's Integrated Country Strategy for Burundi framework through the following three mission objectives:
- Mission Goal (MG1) Invest in People linked to the Mission Objective (MO1.1) Burundian government’s ability to plan and transparently manage resources dedicated to the improvement of health outcomes is improved
- Mission Goal (MG2) Invest in the Economy linked to the Mission Objective (MO2.2) Policies facilitating access to capital, training, and entrepreneurship, especially for underserved or vulnerable populations, are in place
- Mission Goal (MG3) Invest in Society and the Region linked to the Mission Objective (MO3.2) Organisations that support civil society and human rights are strengthened
- Target Health Districts
- Partnership with the Government of Burundi (GoB)
- Relationship with other USG-funded Activities
- Coordination and Collaboration with other Development Partners and Stakeholders
- Management and Implementation Approach
- USAID intends to award one cooperative agreement pursuant to this NOFO. Subject to funding availability and at the discretion of the Agency, USAID intends to provide $49,700,000 in total USAID funding over the period of performance.
- The anticipated period of performance is 5 years.
- Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Faith-based organizations are eligible to apply for federal financial assistance on the same basis as any other organization and are subject to the protections and requirements of Federal law.
- The successful Applicant will be subject to a risk assessment (possibly including a pre-award survey) by the AO. A positive risk assessment means that the applicant possesses or has the ability to obtain the necessary management competence to plan and carry out the assistance program to be funded, and that the applicant will practice mutually agreed upon methods of accountability for funds and other assets provided by USAID.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.