Deadline: 15 March 2017
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by FHI 360 and its partners are inviting applicants for its Initiative for Hygiene, Sanitation and Nutrition (IHSAN) Innovation Fund to implement the Improvement of Nutrition and WASH Status in Afghanistan (Phase I) with an aim to support increasing the reach and quality of high impact, cost-effective, and evidence-based nutrition and WASH interventions in Afghanistan.
The Innovations Fund is a cross-cutting component of the IHSAN program; its aim through this APS is to catalyze innovative solutions to address challenges within the nutrition and WASH sectors in Afghanistan.
- Capacity to institutionalize nutrition programs enhanced.
- Adoption of optimal nutrition and hygiene behaviors at community and household levels increased; and
- Availability of nutrition, hygiene and sanitation services and products increased.
Level of Grants
IHSAN will provide following levels of funding:
- Proof of Concept Funding: The Funding may range from $30,000 to $60,000 for a period of 6 months to one year.
- Transition to Scale-up Funding: The funding level available ranges from $60,000 to $150,000 for period of one to two years.
- Accelerated Scale up: The period for support may range from two to three years.
- The applicants are national or international for-profit or non-for-profit organizations, non-governmental organizations, non-governmental academic institutions, or community base organizations (CBOs), that must be legally registered and recognized under the laws of Afghanistan or are legally permitted to operate in Afghanistan.
- IHSAN project is implemented primarily in 10 provinces namely Badakhshan, Samangan, Bamyan, Badghis, Ghor, Farhah, Paktia, Nanagarhar, Kunar, Nuristan but Concepts will be accepted from all over Afghanistan provinces.
- Concept Papers that meet an initial set of criteria are reviewed by the IHSAN Technical Evaluation Committee. These initial criteria are:
- The application should be relevant to the purposes of this APS. Meets, one or more of IHSAN objectives and proposed results are measurable.
- The proposed initiative is meeting definition of innovation
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the Concept Paper via given website.
Eligible Country: Afghanistan
For more information, please visit IHSAN Innovation Fund.