Deadline: 21 June 2019
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications for a cooperative agreement from qualified entities to implement the Haiti Disaster Risk Reduction Project: Repair and Upgrading of Evacuation Centers.
Program Scope and Objectives
The scope and objectives of the program to be funded under the award resulting from this NFO are to:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Conduct detailed assessments of several hundred evacuation centers in Sud, Sud-est, Grande Anse, and Nippes confirming numbers of centers in the four Departments and assessing capacity, location, and needed repair and upgrading;
- Undertake minimally adequate repair and upgrading activities in selected evacuation centers;
- Engage in neighborhood-level evacuation planning activities in the communities of selected evacuation centers with local populations and officials;
- Provide training to community members, local leaders, and GoH officials on evacuation planning and preparedness.
Proposals will be considered in the following sector/subsectors:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Shelter and Settlements (S&S) / Settlements and/or Shelter and Settlements Disaster Risk Reduction sub-sectors are eligible.
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) / Environmental Health, Sanitation, and/or Water Supply sub-sectors are eligible.
- Risk Management Policy and Practice / all sub-sectors are eligible.
Subject to funding availability and at the discretion of the Agency, USAID intends to provide US $4.8 million in total USAID funding incrementally over a 3-year period (up to US $1.6 million per year for three years, contingent upon availability of funds and acceptable levels of performance).
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Eligibility for this NFO is not restricted.
- USAID/OFDA will not accept applications from individuals. All applicants must be legally recognized organizational entities under applicable law. Prior to beginning program implementation, applicants must complete all required steps (if any) with the host government to legally operate their program.
- The eligibility requirements below apply to both the principal Applicant and to any organization with which the principal Applicant may choose to use as a sub-awardee).
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Applications for renewal or supplementation of existing projects are eligible to compete with applications for new Federal awards.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations. The successful applicant will be subject to a responsibility determination assessment (Pre-award Survey) by the Agreement Officer (AO).
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity. The AO may determine a pre-award survey is required to conduct an examination that will determine whether the prospective recipient has the necessary organization, experience, accounting and operational controls, and technical skills – or ability to obtain them – in order to achieve the objectives of the program and comply with the terms and conditions of the award.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=316219
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.