Deadline: 29 November 2019
The United States Embassy in Uzbekistan has announced the competition for the 2019 Ambassador’s Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) to preserve historic sites, artifacts, manuscripts and museum collections, as well as traditional forms of expression, such as music, dance, and language.
The Ambassador’s Fund has already provided nearly $500,000 to support thirteen preservation projects in Uzbekistan.
AFCP supports projects to preserve cultural heritage in the following three areas:
- Cultural sites, including but not limited to ancient or historic buildings and archaeological sites
- Cultural objects and collections from a museum, site, or similar
- Forms of traditional cultural expression, such as traditional music, indigenous languages, and crafts
Proposals for projects that meet one or more of the following criteria will receive consideration:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Directly support U.S. treaty or bilateral agreement obligations, such as cultural property protection agreements;
- Support the preservation of World Heritage sites;
- Support risk reduction and disaster preparedness for cultural sites and collections in seismically active and other disaster-prone areas;
- Post-disaster cultural heritage recovery; and,
- Engage women, youth, or under-served communities.
- Cultural Preservation awards are based on the importance of the site, object or traditional form of expression to be preserved as well as the urgency of its preservation need.
- Government agencies, cultural organizations, educational institutions, NGOs, and museums can submit proposals.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://uz.usembassy.gov/education-culture/ambassadors-fund-cultural-preservation/
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.