Deadline: 14 February 2018
The Van Tienhoven Foundation for International Nature Protection is seeking applications for its Grant program to promote the protection, conservation, and sustainable use of ecosystems and its living organisms, where ever these are threatened or under pressure outside the Netherlands.
- make small grants available in order to finance direct actions that lead to change in policy and practice. This is especially the case for those ecosystems and its living organisms that are threatened or under pressure outside the Netherlands;
- promote knowledge into the causes of threats and pressures on nature, in order to generate concrete actions that halt, counteract or mitigate these causes;
- influence and collaborate with governmental, non-governmental organisations, communities, individuals, and other relevant stakeholders for the sake of the conservation of nature.
The Van Tienhoven Foundation priorities projects that:
- Are practical, hands-on and directly applicable in order to generate change
- Are initiated, owned or widely supported by local stakeholders, in order to ensure sustainability
- Are focusing on threatened species and ecosystems and/or key biodiversity areas
- Are aiming to counter the human-induced causes for these threats, in order to have maximum conservation impact
- Are exemplary for a wider problem, serve as a catalyst for raising awareness and engaging other stakeholders
- Create leverage and can demonstrate that small grants and individual efforts can make a difference
The Foundation priorities actions that lead to direct change in policy and practice.
The Van Tienhoven Foundation (co-)sponsors projects to a maximum of € 10,000.
The Foundation only accept applications:
- From not-for-profit organisations, that are registered as legal bodies (NGOs and scientific institutions). The Foundation does not accept applications from goverment bodies, private companies or individuals. Only 1 application per organisation will be taken into consideration each call for proposals, if the following conditions have been met:
- A final report has been submitted of any project previously supported by the Van Tienhoven Foundation,
- No more than 3 projects of the same organisation have been funded by the Van Tienhoven Foundation during the past 8 years (starting from the date at which a final report of the first project was received by the secretariat of the Van Tienhoven Foundation).
- From organisations with a track record in conservation and/or social justice/sustainable development, to be demonstrated by background documentation (e.g. websites, social media, annual and/or final project delivery reports).
- Implemented in developing countries or in countries in transition, predominantly
- With costs based on local rates. Costs of salaries and consultancy fees based on rates outside the countries of implementation are not covered. Travel costs (from) outside the countries of implementation are not covered. The purchase of vehicles (e.g. cars, boats) is not supported. The Foundation does not support overhead costs.
- Where actions are not part of a study leading to any academic title and/or aimed at delivering a book.
- Of projects that have not started yet at the time of submission, and with a project time span of maximum two years, a maximum requested budget of 10.000 euro from the Van Tienhoven Foundation and a total project budget of no more than 50.000 euro.
- That are submitted before the designated application submission deadline and contain a completely filled out application form of the Van Tienhoven Foundation.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit The Van Tienhoven Foundation.