Deadline: 25 October 2019
VIA Art Fund is accepting Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) for its Artistic Production Grant Program (Spring 2020).
Artistic Production Grants are awarded to projects that best exemplify their three core values:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Artistic Production
- They champion the production of new work – from creation to exhibition, documentation, and dissemination – that reflects artistic excellence and innovation. When possible, VIA Artistic Production grants are made with the intention to gift the work to a US-based cultural organization, ensuring that VIA funded artworks live on to encounter new audiences under the stewardship of public institutions.
- Thought Leadership
- They support the work of both established and emerging voices in contemporary art that bring new knowledge and dynamic avenues of understanding to the field. The creative output of these thought leaders generates entry points for dialogue and collaboration and fosters vital intellectual exchange.
- Public Engagement
- They promote work that penetrates social, cultural, geographic, and economic barriers to inspire and educate diverse and expanded audiences. These initiatives act as platforms for inquiry and investigation, generating meaningful collective experiences for the public.
Artistic Production funding ranges from $25,000 to $100,000 (can be lower than $25,000) per project, with grants at the upper levels of funding reserved for permanent or long-term installations, or newly commissioned works that may be gifted to a U.S. public collection.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- VIA awards grants to artists, nonprofit organizations, cultural institutions, art production platforms, and biennials or festivals working in the field of contemporary art in the United States and internationally.
- VIA may also award artist-direct grants for the production of new work. The project must have a confirmed exhibition venue.
- If the project takes place in the United States, the featured artist(s) may be American or international. If the artist is international, then the project must take place in the United States. If applicants are a nonprofit entity (American or international) applying for support for a project outside the United States, applicants proposal must feature the work of a U.S.-based artist(s) or curator(s).
- Organizations applying must provide proof of nonprofit status.
- Individual artists applying must provide supporting materials of confirmed exhibition/presenting venue.
- VIA does not fund museum or gallery exhibitions. Their support is geared towards high-impact projects in non-traditional exhibition venues and those mounted in the public realm.
- Projects must begin after their grant award notification dates.
- Previous grantees must wait three full years from the date of their last grant award to re-apply for funding. Previous applicants who did not receive support must wait one full year to re-apply. It is recommended that all previous applicants and grantees consult with VIA staff prior to submitting an LOI.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Please submit Letter of Inquiry in a single PDF file at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://viaartfund.org/apply/
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.