Deadline: 1 June 2016
The Waterloo Foundation invites grant applications from UK based charities for its marine and tropical rainforests programs. Proposals are invited for projects that can help mitigate the damaging effects that humans are having on the environment and contribute to a positive change both now and in the future.
- Marine – support for projects working to halt declining fish stocks
- Tropical Rainforests – support for projects protecting tropical rain forest, principally through avoided deforestation
- Marine Local
- Marine Strategic
- Tropical Rainforest Local
- Tropical Rainforest Strategic
Multi-annual grants (usually for up to three years) are provided with a total of £50,000 – £100,000.
- 1 June 2016– Deadline for Tropical Projects (local & strategic)
- 1 September 2016– Deadline for Marine Projects (local & strategic)
- UK-based charities, who work in close partnership with smaller local NGOs based in the countries in which they operate, are eligible to apply. Organization outside UK can also apply with reference from someone in international NGO with office in UK or any relevancy to be offered the fund.
- Projects that could demonstrate positive impact upon the marine resource they are working to protect or typically be working on a specified tropical forest area are eligible for local projects grant.
- Projects that are working on addressing marine issues or addressing the drivers of deforestation at a wider or international scale are eligible for strategic projects grant.
- For local projects, applicants should be able to evidence previous successful marine or tropical projects, with outcomes including a demonstrable increase in fish stocks or protection of an area of tropical rainforest specified by hectare and cost; implementation of a management plan over a specified and measurable area; improved livelihoods and/or income levels of fishery-dependent communities.
- Strategic Project must demonstrate evidence of previous successful strategic programs; the specific measurable outcomes that applicant expect the program to achieve, and the methods they will use to monitor those outcomes; and the strategy put in place to ensure the sustainability of the program’s objectives for the long term.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom