Deadline: 30 June 2016
The Associated Country Women of the World (ACWW) is seeking applications for funding small-scale development projects which directly involve and benefit women. ACWW supports projects which are run mainly by women and benefit directly women and / or children.
The Associated Country Women of the World (ACWW) works in partnership with its members, offering mutual support, friendship and practical help to women and communities around the world. ACWW has over 460 member societies active in over 70 countries.
ACWW Connects & Supports Women & Communities Worldwide by:
- Working in partnership with member societies to offer mutual support
- Connecting at international level through UN representation
- Funding community development projects
- Supporting agricultural initiatives
- ACWW considers applications for funding small-scale development projects which directly involve and benefit women.
- As a guide, the maximum amount granted for non-member organisations is £5,000. However, applicants requesting smaller amounts are more likely to have their projects approved.
- Funding is given for the specific activity proposed and not for general core costs.
- The duration of the projects support is usually from 9 to 12 months, depending on the type of project. The duration of the project may vary according to the nature of the project.
- Although ACWW may occasionally give further funding for projects with satisfactory results, they stress that they do not guarantee continued support.
- Organisations can only submit one application at a time.
The project submitted should meet one or more of the criteria set out below:
- Health Education
- Nutrition and Home Economics
- Civic Consciousness / Community
- Income Generation
- Water and Sanitation
- Agricultural Training and Development
- Other (as identified as priority issues as a result of ACWW’s strategic planning)
- ACWW only fund projects that take place in the same country where the organisation is registered and directly benefit women and children in those countries. The bank account provided must be in the country where the project is to be implemented.
- ACWW do not fund NGOs/SHGs that are not registered or have been registered for less than two years.
- ACWW do not fund individuals.
- Existing Grant Holders cannot re-apply until a satisfactory Final Report and audited accounts have been submitted.
- Due to their limited monitoring resources, ACWW is unable to support projects in states and regions that are deemed unsafe by the United Kingdom Foreign and Commonwealth Office. This includes states and regions that are subject to internal conflict, minimal rule of law, epidemics and high levels of terrorist activity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Associated Country Women of the World.