Applications are open for the Welsh Government’s Culture Grant Scheme for Grassroot Organisations to support Black, Asian and minority Ethnic community-led and grassroots cultural activities.
The Grant Scheme is a direct response to two specific actions in the Culture, Heritage and Sport section of the Anti-racist Wales Action Plan. It addresses the need to review funding application to improve outcomes for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic-led organisations or people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background and ring-fences resources to support grassroots cultural and creative activities among Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups.
The Grant Scheme will support and further strengthen participation, engagement and representation of Black, Asian and minority ethnic people by investing further in new cultural activities with grassroot groups across Wales, to enable them to access funding and support for projects and creating a programme of diverse cultural activities up to December 2024.
- Medium grant
- Funding from £1001 – £5,000 is available to projects led by grassroot constituted not for profit organisations including charities and community interest companies. Unincorporated organisation / constituted groups can apply in association with a fully constituted organisation.
- Large grant
- Funding from £5001 – £30,000 is available to support projects delivered by constituted not for profit organisations including charities and community interest companies.
What projects will be supported?
- They want to support a range of projects and groups that reflect the diversity of Wales’s communities including, but not exclusive to visual art, community art, dance, carnival, festivals, performance, literature, and music.
- They are looking to fund groups that meet the following criteria:
- Organisations should be led by and for people from Black, Asian, and minority ethnic communities or the project must be for the benefit of people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities in Wales. This includes people from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities.
- They welcome applications from faith-based bodies for projects that meet the aims of the Grant Scheme.
- They welcome applications where match funding from another organisation is in place. Please provide evidence of your match funding alongside your application.
- Must be based in Wales and delivering work for the benefit of people in Wales.
- Medium Grant
- Groups whose clientele are primarily Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities.
- Your group can be an unincorporated organisation / constituted group that is working in association with a fully constituted organisation. In this case, the grant and grant agreement will be with the constituted organisation on your behalf.
- Large Grant
- Organisations must be not for profit and have social, charitable, or community-based objectives. Organisations must be either a registered charity, community interest company or co-operative.
- The following organisations and groups are not eligible to apply for the large Grant:
- Unincorporated groups
- For profit companies
- Organisations based outside Wales.
- Organisations with an annual turnover above £500,000
For more information, visit Diverse Cymru.