Applications are now open for the Whittington & Fisherwick Fund for Individuals.
The remit of the fund is to improve the quality of life for village residents, either individually or as a whole, and to support people who are in financial hardship, social need or medical need. We will also consider emergency applications, where unforeseen circumstances are causing particular difficulties, (such as the need to replace white goods or emergency heating or plumbing situations).
The fund is administered by The Community Foundation as part of its portfolio of funds which can only benefit areas within the Lichfield district. This means that the Whittington & Fisherwick Fund will only be used to benefit people in the parish.
Awards are made to the value of £200 per year. This could be in two separate grants of £100 or one single grant of £200. The maximum that can be received in a single year by any one person is £200. Grants will be paid by BACS, (bank transfer), directly into the recipient’s bank account. The details of who has received the funding are kept for audit and reporting purposes but are treated confidentially and not released to the public.
Who they will support?
They will support people who meet the following criteria;
- Resident in the parish of Whittington and Fisherwick
- Be in either FINANCIAL, SOCIAL or MEDICAL need
- There is no requirement to have lived in the parish for a certain number of years
What you can apply for?
They will not be prescriptive about what you should spend any award on, but it should be something that the panel would see as necessary and worthwhile. For example, it could be for;
- Extra heating costs over winter
- Travel expenses due to lack of own transport and insufficient public transport provision
- A piece of equipment that would make your life easier due to health conditions
- This list is not exhaustive
For more information, visit The Community Foundation for Staffordshire.