EU Investigative Journalism Awards in the Western Balkans and Turkey aim to celebrate and promote the outstanding achievements of investigative journalists as well as improve the visibility of quality journalism in the Western Balkans and Turkey.
The awards are a continuation of the ongoing regional EU Investigative Journalism Award in the Western Balkans and Turkey and part of the ongoing project ‘Strengthening Quality News and Independent Journalism in the Western Balkans and Turkey’.
- The award fund for BiH and Kosovo in 2020 (for achievements in 2019) is 10,000 EUR.
- The first prize will be 5,000 EUR, the second 3,000 EUR, and the third will be 2,000 EUR.
- Individuals or groups of journalists are eligible to apply in all journalism forms (print, online, radio, and TV) published or broadcast in the media in each country in official, minority, or international languages.
- Articles eligible for submission must appear in print, online, radio, and TV media outlets during the 2019 calendar year.
- The project partners involved all have extensive expertise in the field of media freedom and have been recognized locally and internationally as strong independent media organizations.
For more information, visit https://birn.eu.com/news-and-events/calls-open-for-eu-investigative-journalism-award-for-bosnia-and-herzegovina-and-kosovo/