Deadline: 22 May 2020
The U.S. Consulate General, Public Affairs Section in Mumbai is soliciting proposals for a grant/cooperative agreement from legally recognized non-profit, non-governmental organizations that meet U.S. and Indian technical and legal requirements to develop and implement public diplomacy programs.
This funding opportunity seeks to improve and expand upon past efforts of the U.S. diplomatic mission to India by building the capacity of emerging journalists in western and southern India to combat disinformation with informed and compelling reporting. By engaging emerging journalists with the message that they have the responsibility to be honest gatekeepers of truth and by providing them with the skills to fulfill that role, the program will provide the Indian information environment with strong counter-voices to disinformation. The program will invite at least 100 participants to multiple day training workshops taught by U.S. and local experts.
Project Goal: To increase Indian journalists’ ability to identify and stop disinformation.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Participants are able to identify disinformation with the latest digital tools, as evidenced by pre- and post-tests.
- Participants are able to effectively rebut and counter disinformation in ways compelling to readers, as judged by fellow participants.
- Participants have an active support network of journalists devoted to stopping disinformation, as evidenced by subsequent group communication and collaboration.
- Participants subsequently publish news articles informing the public about countering disinformation skills that they have learned through this project.
Project Audience: The primary audience will be early to mid-career journalists as well as journalism students. Here the term “journalist” is intended to include reporters of TV, print, and online news media outlets.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Minimum Award Amount: $20,000
- Maximum Award Amount: $75,000
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Think tanks
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
- Please choose organization nationality and type: International Not-for-Profit Organization.
- Organizations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, non-governmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award. When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
- Cost sharing or matching is not required for this funding opportunity.
- Pre-award costs are not an allowable expense for this funding opportunity.
Applicants must ensure:
- All documents are in English
- All budgets are in U.S. dollars and calculated @ USD 1 = INR 68
- All pages are numbered
- All materials are submitted in .pdf format
- Applicant has read the Standard Terms and Conditions applicable to all Grants and Cooperative agreements. Included in the package here.
- Forms SF-424, SF-424A and SF-424B are completed and submitted with the application. These forms are included in the package.
- Applicants submitting proposals over $100,000 must also submit Standard Form LLL (SF-LLL), Disclosure of Lobbying Activities.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=325764
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.