Deadline: 31 August 2018
The Foundation for Middle East Peace (FMEP) is seeking applications from U.S.-based and non-U.S.-based charitable organizations for its small grants program to support groups that advance the cause of peace in Israel and Palestine.
The foundation gives small grants to a diverse range of organizations that produce original research, critical analysis, effective educational tools, and that lead on-the-ground organizing.
The Foundation gives out funds in two streams:
- General support grants: The majority of our grants are given as unrestricted general support, reflecting the value FMEP places on the overall health of organizations.
- Rapid response grants: The foundation reserves a portion of our grant making funds to assist organizations with innovative, timely, and high impact projects. Rapid response grant proposals should not exceed $5,000.
- Applications are encouraged from U.S.-based and non-U.S.-based charitable organizations who are aligned with Foundation’s grant philosophy to apply for funding.
- U.S. organizations must be tax-exempt, and non-U.S.-based organizations must meet rigorous compliance and reporting standards documenting the organization’s eligibility for U.S. charitable funding.
- As a tax-exempt private foundation, the Foundation for Middle East Peace is prohibited by the Internal Revenue Code from engaging in, or supporting, any lobbying activities.
- The work of the Foundation for Middle East Peace often includes funding organizations or projects that focus on policy and involve advocacy to the extent permitted by law for public charities. However, funds from FMEP must not be “earmarked” or used specifically for lobbying activities.
- The foundation first and foremost look to fund organizations that produce original content and results of value to the broad community of actors working to end the conflict.
- They welcome applications from the full range of organizations working to end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- They evaluate applicants based on their mission, strategy, programming, ability and willingness to partner with FMEP and our other grantees, and their overall impact towards ending the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
How to Apply
In order to receive general support funding, applicant must fill out the preliminary application form online via given website.
For more information, please visit FMEP Grants.