Deadline: 31 October 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the 2019-20 Direct Aid Program (DAP) which is a small grants program funded by the Australian Government and managed by the Australian High Commission in Port Moresby.
DAP aims to support small-scale projects with a strong development focus that complement Australia’s broader aid program. This funding is only available to community groups, NGOs and other organisations engaged in development activities on a not-for-profit basis.
DAP Project proposals must:
- Address poverty alleviation by supporting projects that aim at improving the livelihood of communities.
- Support the inclusion and active participation of the disadvantaged population (women, girls, children, Persons living with a Disability and those with HIV/AIDS).
- Be sustainable and have lasting developmental benefits, with any ongoing costs or maintenance to be met by the community.
The maximum DAP funding a project can receive is AU$60,000. Projects must be delivered within six months of funding.
The Australian High Commission prefers to fund applications:
- where the community makes a contribution to the project (through the provision of labour or transportation, or funding other project-related expenses);
- where other donors (NGOs, private business, other government donors) are involved in supporting the project (funds, technical or other form of support);
- that has the support of a locally prominent figure (such as an MP, Provincial or District Administrator); and
- that help disadvantaged groups (including women and the disabled) in less-developed areas.
DAP will not support:
- Commercial Ventures, such as capital to start up business projects or routine, recurring and/or running costs including office rental and utility costs.
- Maintenance and repairs (including equipment such as photocopiers, computers, digital cameras, other kinds of electronic equipment, stoves, fridges etc.).
- Purchase of major assets such as property or vehicles, boats, engines or related machinery.
- Requests from individuals and individual families, such as scholarship, school fee requests or personal financial assistance.
- Micro-credit schemes or any other project that involves return of money.
- International/Domestic travel as part of the project.
How to Apply
Applicants applying online for the 2019-20 DAP round can access the application form via a given website.
For more information, please visit https://png.highcommission.gov.au/pmsb/cooperation.html