Deadline: 31 October 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the 2019-20 Direct Aid Program (DAP) which is a small grants program funded by the Australian Government and managed by the Australian High Commission in Port Moresby.
DAP aims to support small-scale projects with a strong development focus that complement Australia’s broader aid program. This funding is only available to community groups, NGOs and other organisations engaged in development activities on a not-for-profit basis.
DAP Project proposals must:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Address poverty alleviation by supporting projects that aim at improving the livelihood of communities.
- Support the inclusion and active participation of the disadvantaged population (women, girls, children, Persons living with a Disability and those with HIV/AIDS).
- Be sustainable and have lasting developmental benefits, with any ongoing costs or maintenance to be met by the community.
The maximum DAP funding a project can receive is AU$60,000. Projects must be delivered within six months of funding.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The Australian High Commission prefers to fund applications:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- where the community makes a contribution to the project (through the provision of labour or transportation, or funding other project-related expenses);
- where other donors (NGOs, private business, other government donors) are involved in supporting the project (funds, technical or other form of support);
- that has the support of a locally prominent figure (such as an MP, Provincial or District Administrator); and
- that help disadvantaged groups (including women and the disabled) in less-developed areas.
DAP will not support:
- Commercial Ventures, such as capital to start up business projects or routine, recurring and/or running costs including office rental and utility costs.
- Maintenance and repairs (including equipment such as photocopiers, computers, digital cameras, other kinds of electronic equipment, stoves, fridges etc.).
- Purchase of major assets such as property or vehicles, boats, engines or related machinery.
- Requests from individuals and individual families, such as scholarship, school fee requests or personal financial assistance.
- Micro-credit schemes or any other project that involves return of money.
- International/Domestic travel as part of the project.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants applying online for the 2019-20 DAP round can access the application form via a given website.
For more information, please visit https://png.highcommission.gov.au/pmsb/cooperation.html
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.