Deadline: 6 December 2019
PAS Sapporo invites Statement of Interest (SOI) for projects that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Japan through sports exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs must include an American sports cultural element with connection to American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased mutual understanding between the U.S. and Japan.
Examples of PAS Small Grants Program projects include, but are not limited to:
- Sports workshops or clinic by American professional sports player/coach; or
- Youth exchanges between U.S.-Japan sister cities or sister schools including sports element; or
- Speaker Programs on the Olympics/Paralympics/Special Olympics by specialists.
Priority Program Areas
- U. S. – Japan Youth Exchange through Sports
- Programs that promote people-to-people exchange of U.S. and Japanese people through sports activities to foster friendship and mutual understanding.
- Sports Clinic/Workshop with American Professionals
- Programs that provide Japanese sports players including children with sports clinic/workshop by noted U.S. sports player(s) to demonstrate American way of sports education, techniques, and coaching skills, so that it would initiate more Japanese sports players to be interested in learning sports in the U.S.
- Total available funding: $10,000.00
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $1,000.00 to a maximum of $10,000.00
- Length of performance period: Up to 24 months
- Anticipated project start date: Application must be submitted at least 3 months before project start date.
Participants and Audiences
The program participants must include those from the jurisdiction of PAS Sapporo (Hokkaido, Aomori, Akita, Iwate, or Miyagi) while the event need not take place in Japan.
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Japan:
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants should send their project and budget Statement of Interest (SOI) via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=318513