Deadline: 4 July 2019
The Nuffic is seeking proposals for its Integrated Food and Nutrition Security – Water Resource Management Grant Program which aims to enhance capacity and institutional sustainability within the Bangladeshi maritime and port sector through the development of specialised knowledge and skills.
The proposed project therefore relates to meeting the following objective(s):
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture (SDG 2);
- Ensuring availability and sustainable management of water for all (SDG 6).
The proposed project must contribute to the following long-term impact:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ultimately, the goal is to achieve inclusive sustainable development through pro-poor economic growth by improving the enabling environment for water and food security
- through maritime and (inland) port development;
- Reduce malnutrition;
- Promote agricultural growth;
- Create ecologically sustainable food systems;
- Water is used sustainably and equitably, ensuring the needs of all sectors and the environment.
The following medium-term impact will contribute to this:
- Education system (TVET/HE) is of good quality, relevant and accessible (SDG 4);
- Partnerships between persons and organisations are inclusive and sustainable (SDG 17);
- Organisations key to (sectoral) inclusive development of partner countries are strengthened by inflow of enhanced workforce.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
This will be achieved by the following outcome:
TVET/HE organisations (in the selected partner countries and in NL) perform better their core tasks, firmly embedded in their environment (in line with country / regional specific labour market needs & aiming at inclusiveness).
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
The proposed project will have to address the following specific training needs in the context of the Delta Plan:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Develop and introduce competence-based learning methodologies for training institutions to enhance skills development and practical training possibilities in different aspects of Maritime and Port Development and Port Operation;
- Support curriculum development that is relevant and responsive to current labour market needs, integrating upcoming new knowledge, technology and skills domains
- within the maritime and port development sector;
- Improve teacher skills in the formulation and didactics of specialised courses and its certification within maritime and port development.
The proposed project should also:
- Change systems and practices within the maritime and port sector institutions through evidence – based research, institutional engagement and advocacy linked to training programmes;
- Enhance employability of graduates within the maritime and port development sector, especially for women and marginalised groups;
- Support the establishment of a centre of excellence in maritime higher education and research;
- Ensure collaboration with government organisations that play a central role in the implementation of the Delta Plan and the private sector;
- Align with the NICHE project BGD 292 with the Chittagong Port Authority Training Institute (CPATI) in the field of port development and management.
- Maximum available funding for this call, excluding co-funding: EUR 1,000,000
- Maximum funding per collaboration project, excluding co-funding: EUR 1,000,000
Grant applications and applicants have to meet the minimum criteria to be eligible for a grant.
- The grant application must be submitted by a Dutch institution for secondary vocational or higher vocational or academic education, or a knowledge institution or organisation in a Country, potentially on behalf of their consortia. The project must be a collaboration between a Dutch and a country A partner, potentially on behalf of their consortia. All country A partners have to be based in the country/countries specified in the call. Only the Dutch lead partner has to be based in the Netherlands.
- The grant applicant is in a position to provide adequate financial management and, due to its experience and expertise in relation to activities similar to those for which the grant is being requested, can guarantee the targeted and effective performance of the activities to achieve the impact and outcomes as defined in the application; the applicant must submit data in the form of a COCA to enable its capacities to be assessed.
- The grant applicant can function and operate appropriately within the legislation passed by the government in the country or countries in question.
- The project proposal has a minimum duration of one year and a maximum duration of four years, and must be implemented and established by no later than 31 December 2021.
- The grant applied for does not exceed the maximum amount specified in the call for grant applications.
- Any required co-funding is guaranteed.
- The grant application meets any specific financial requirements set out in the call.
- The grant application must be in the compulsory format and meet all criteria and requirements stated in this document.
- The grant application is in line with the CPI of the country concerned.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.nuffic.nl/en/subjects/calls-for-joint-proposals-institutional-collaboration-orange-knowledge/
(Ad) How will you feel when you view grants for all countries around the world? fundsforNGOs Premium has a World Map of Grants that offers open and live grants for all the countries in one single view. Click on any country, and you can view the latest grants updated in real-time. Learn more.