Deadline: 10 May 2019
The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) is seeking applications for its International Training Programme “Sustainable Urban Water and Sanitation – Integrated Processes” to contribute to improved planning and implementation of more sustainable urban water and sanitation services, where the rights, needs and demands of all citizens including those of marginalised groups are taken into account.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The term sustainability addresses environmental, social and economic long-term factors. Sustainability can be achieved only through an increased awareness of the need for integrated approaches and for long-term systems and by supporting key organisations in their processes for such a change.
The Programme is about 15 months and runs from August 2019 – October 2020.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- For the Participant
- Increased knowledge of methods and tools for planning of sustainable urban water and sanitation systems
- Increased capacity to initiate and drive organisational change processes
- Shared experiences from colleagues in other parts of the world
- Extended professional network
- For the Organisation
- Professional support for more sustainable and inclusive water and sanitation services
- Educated and encouraged staff that will help achieve their strategic goals
- Collaboration opportunities with various organisations, experts and agencies
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The training programme consists of five compulsory phases. The evolution of an organisational Change Project (CP) constitutes a major role, binding all phases together.
- Phase 1 – Inception (4 months)
- Phase 2 – In Sweden (3 weeks)
- Phase 3 – Change Project Development (4 months)
- Phase 4 – In Uganda (2 weeks)
- Phase 5 – Implementation Continues (5 months)
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Authorities, institutions, universities, NGOs, water utilities or other private companies active in the water and sanitation sector may nominate candidates.
- The programme primarily targets organisations, not individuals, and efforts will be made to establish long-term relationships with key organisations. Such collaborative organisations should be willing to commit themselves to participation over several years and to cooperate with other organisations in the programme. Capacity and interest to drive change processes to achieve their long-term goals, and a certain level of influence on the water and sanitation sector, is a prerequisite to become a collaborative organisation. Candidates from collaborative organisations may be prioritised.
- Applicants to the programme should:
- hold a key position in their organisation, with influence at a strategic level;
- have the engagement and power to initiate and drive change processes;
- hold a relevant academic degree; and
- be available and motivated for active participation through the whole training programme.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via the given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2TczMtH
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.