Deadline: 14 June 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
They believe that a future with inclusive, equitable and sustainable systems for all people depends on deepening the connection between women’s rights and environmental justice. After extensive research, they have designed a grant program to address the fact that, globally, women and girls are the most vulnerable to climate change and hold the firsthand experience to solve it.
Linking these two issues not only feels like a natural next step for their company, it is essential to accelerate progress towards improving the status and rights of women and the health of our planet.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Applicants must align with one or more of these key points:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Increasing women’s participation in decision-making. Nonprofits and applicable programs are not required to have an explicit environmental focus, but they must be able to demonstrate how their program creates positive environmental outcomes.
- Training women and girls in climate change adaptation, mitigation and advocacy. Nonprofits and applicable programs must provide women and girls with knowledge, tools and access to contribute to climate change resiliency and/or advocate for improved climate change policies.
- Engaging women in the sustainable economy. Nonprofits and applicable programs must create opportunities for women to pursue livelihoods that elevate them as leaders in environmental solutions while improving their well-being and that of the planet.
They will award $200,000 annually in amounts ranging from $5,000 to $30,000.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Organizations must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Be an IRS-recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization*
- Provide direct services
- Address one or more of the above key points
- Program’s mission focuses primarily on individuals who identify as female
- Executive leadership reflects the demographics of the program’s beneficiaries
- Program has been generated by and/or co-designed with the communities it serves
- Able to provide financial statements for one full year of operations
- Able to complete an application and participate in an interview in English
*While organizations must be IRS-recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofits, there is no geographic restriction on the programs for which they are applying.
Additionally, the following are not eligible to apply for a grant:
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Organizations that promote the views of a specific political party or religion
- Organizations without executive leaders who identify as female
- Organizations that do not involve beneficiaries in program design and operations
- Organizations whose primary purpose is grant-making
- Event sponsorships
- Capital campaigns
They are funding action-oriented research through direct services organizations. Academic research and individual projects independent of a direct services partner are not eligible.
Applications from eligible organizations will be reviewed using the following selection criteria:
- Alignment with EILEEN FISHER mission and values
- Clear need for and use of funds
- Potential for impact with clearly defined metrics of success
- Demonstrated understanding of intersectionality of issue areas and the overlapping forms of discrimination experienced by women
- Solving for root causes of environmental and/or gender injustice
- Engagement of all genders as allies
- Innovation in model or approach
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) A massive library of Downloadable Ebooks, covering a range of how-to topics from fundraising, proposal writing, grant listings, donor listings to NGO management. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.eileenfisher.com/grants/environmental-justice-grant/