Deadline: 16 May 2019
The restricted call for proposals will focus on the gender gaps over the life-cycle, looking at work-life balance for women and men, including through a better sharing of care.
The aim is to support Member States in raising awareness and tackling gender stereotypes with regard to roles in work and in private life, and in particular with regard to reconciliation issues (including the promotion of the uptake of family-related leaves by men), taking into account national specificities, complemented by EU broad common messages.
Projects funded under this call shall also seek to promote equality between women and men and, if relevant for the project, also the rights of the child. Gender and rights of the child mainstreaming means integrating a gender and rights of the child perspective in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a project, as appropriate.
The indicative maximum amount earmarked for the co-financing of projects under this call for proposals is estimated at EUR 3 000 000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Activities may consist of any of the following:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Activities tackling negative attitudes and gender stereotypes with regard to care;
- Awareness-raising, education and empowerment activities; in particular, at individual and company level,
- Awareness-raising activities on behaviours of men and women, their superiors and colleagues, concerning the combination of work and private care, attitudes towards certain working patterns by men and women as well as work-life balance friendly workplace practices;
- Exchange of good practice, mutual learning, seminars; in particular, activities promoting good practice examples of companies who address work-life balance for all workers in a comprehensive strategy, including innovative workplace practices in terms of space/time, adapted to different time needs of workers over the life course;
- Capacity-building and training activities for company actors and authorities.
- The issue of work-life balance for men and women in practice is discussed, building from a rights based approach into effective actions with regard to reconciliation between work and private life;
- Company behaviour is discussed and good practice examples are highlighted; addressing work-life balance is seen as strength which helps to retain good workers, increase motivation and productivity and reduce stress, mental health issues, prevent early exit from labour market and increase sustainability of work;
- Both men and women feel more comfortable in taking up leave arrangements, which, in combination with the use of care facilities, leads to a more equal share of care at household level;
- Female employment rates will be increased through a smoother combination of work with private life and a possible prevention from long family breaks from work.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
The Programme eligible countries are:
- The Member States of the European Union, including their overseas departments
- Iceland and Liechtenstein
- The Republic of Serbia
Eligibility of the lead applicant (i.e. coordinator) and participants (partners)
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- The national authority in charge of the policy on gender equality or work life balance; or
- The body responsible for gender equality at national level only if no applications are received by the national authority referred above; or
- Another national authority only if no applications are received by the national authority and the body referred above;
- Partners must be public bodies or private organisations, duly established in one of the countries participating in the Programme, or international organisations;
Eligibility of the application
- The project can be either national or transnational;
- The application may involve one or more organisations (applicant and partner(s));
- The EU grant requested cannot be lower than EUR 100 000. There is no maximum limit.
Note: For applicants and partners established in the UK: please be aware that they must comply with the eligibility criteria for the entire duration of the action for which a grant is awarded. If the UK withdraws from the EU during the grant period without concluding an agreement with the EU ensuring in particular, that UK applicants and partners continue to be eligible, they will cease to receive EU funding (while continuing, where possible, to participate) or be required to leave the project.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit https://bit.ly/2sW8BZr
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.