Deadline: 26 August 2019
In support of the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP), the Bureau of International Labor Affairs, U.S. Department of Labor, has announced its new funding initiative entitled “Equal Access to Quality Jobs for Women and Girls (EQUAL)” with an objective of the project is to reduce the risk of child labor, forced labor, and other violations of labor rights for vulnerable women and girls within the agricultural sector.
The project will aim to achieve the following outcomes:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Outcome 1: Improved economic participation in quality jobs within the agricultural sector by women and adolescent girls identified as vulnerable to child labor, forced labor, and/or other violations of labor rights, including occupational safety and health infractions.
- Vulnerable women and girls have an improved understanding of their rights and increased ability to access protections against child labor, forced labor, and other violations of labor rights, including occupational safety and health infractions.
- Vulnerable women and girls have enhanced skills.
- Vulnerable women and girls have increased opportunities for economic advancement.
- Outcome 2: Improved practices by government and private sector actors to reduce vulnerability of women and girls of legal working age to child labor, forced labor, and other violations of labor rights, including occupational safety and health infractions, within the agricultural sector.
In Mexico, the project must work in the agricultural sector in coffee and sugarcane, but may include other agricultural goods, in one or more of the following states: Oaxaca, and/or Veracruz. The duration of the project will be a maximum of four years (48 months) from the effective date of the award.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $5,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $5,000,000
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- U.S. organizations:
- Non-U.S. organizations:
- Non-U.S. Entities, including PIOs, as described in 2 CFR 200.46.
- Applicants do not need previous experience managing Federal awards, but they must speak persuasively about their ability to leverage other previous experience and bring it to scale in support of a large Federal investment.
- The following types of organizations are not eligible to apply nor to participate as subrecipients/contractors:
- Organizations designated by the U.S. Government to be associated with terrorism.
- Organizations designated by the U.S. Government to have been debarred or suspended.
- Organizations planning to charge a fee (profit) associated with a project funded by a USDOL award.
- In most cases, foreign governments and entities that are agencies of, or operated by or for, a foreign state or government. NOTE: If an exception to this eligibility criterion might be appropriate, the application must include a detailed justification for the possible exception. USDOL funds are not intended to duplicate existing foreign government efforts or substitute for activities that are the responsibility of such governments. USDOL will make eligibility decisions on a case-by-case basis after receiving the application.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=317144