Deadline: 8 December 2019
The Women’s Voice and Leadership (WVL) Myanmar is a trailblazing new feminist funding programme that will provide flexible, core, long-term funds and organisational strengthening support to women’s rights organisations.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The WVL Myanmar funds, supports and connects women’s rights organisations to sustain and empower feminist movements that can deliver transformative change for Myanmar women and girls.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
WVL Myanmar’s Multi-Year Funding and Support will provide approximately ten women’s rights organisations with support in four key areas. This includes:
- Flexible, core and activity funding, over a period of four years (2020 – 2023).
- Access to fast, responsive funding to allow for timely, strategic responses to unforeseen events, and to pilot innovative ideas.
- Organisational strengthening and strategy development support to boost management, performance and sustainability.
- Support to strengthen and empower networks, coalitions and movements to mobilise women’s collective action to lead change.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
To be eligible for WVL Myanmar’s Multi-Year Funding and Support, organisations must be able to demonstrate that they meet the following criteria:
- Be based in Myanmar. Border-based organisations are not eligible.
- Be a women’s rights organisation or network. This means that:
- The organisation/network is directed, governed and led by women and girls.
- The organisation/network has a primary focus on advancing gender equality and the rights of all Myanmar women and girls. This should be based on a demonstrated understanding and commitment to transforming power structures and the root causes of gender equality.
- Be an emerging, Yangon-based women’s rights organisation/network with a minimum three years of operational experience, OR a sub-national women’s rights organisation/network with a minimum three years of operational experience.
- Have a strong strategic focus on network and coalition/movement building. Applicants must be committed to working collaboratively with diverse women’s rights and civil society organisations on joint actions and collective advocacy towards shared goals through WVL Myanmar.
- Demonstrate organisational commitment and readiness to engage in:
- Organisational strengthening. Applicants must show a readiness to meaningfully improve their organisational leadership, management and sustainability, including monitoring and evaluation, through actively participating in organisational strengthening assessment and support provided through WVL Myanmar.
- Strategic programming review, reflection and continuous learning. Applicants must show a readiness to strategically review, adapt and strengthen their programming including actively engaging in strategy development support provided through WVL Myanmar.
- Have an awareness of conflict sensitivity. Applicants must understand and commit to pro-actively applying conflict sensitivity principles and practices in their organisation and programme delivery.
- Have an awareness of risk management and a commitment to becoming risk responsive. Applicants must demonstrate a comprehensive, clear articulation of the key risks associated with their organisation and areas of work including political, financial and security risks, and how these will be managed.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Eligible organisations can apply by completing the [STAGE ONE] Multi-Year Funding and Support Application, which has three parts:
- Part A (Confirmation of eligibility)
- Part B (Concept note)
- Part C (Budget estimate)
- Applications will only be considered from organisations who complete all three parts (Part A, Part B and Part C) of the application.
- Applicants can submit applications in Myanmar or English at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.wvlmyanmar.org/