Deadline: 30 July 2019
The Incubator for Integration and Development in East Africa (IIDEA)is inviting organizations with innovative projects and the capacity to implement them to submit their applications for support, in particular projects in the following areas: Health, Innovation in ICT, Agriculture, Trade and Tourism.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IIDEA is an initiative which incubates small-scale regional integration projects, proposed and implemented by civil society, private sector and other interest groups in East Africa. It is cross-border in nature with projects involving at least two EAC Partner States.
IIDEA provides technical and financial support for implementation and marketing of eligible projects. The initiative is implemented jointly with the East African Community Secretariat and the German Development Cooperation implemented by GIZ.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The main objective of IIDEA is to ensure that Non-state actors in the EAC-Partner States have implemented measures for people‘s participation in regional economic integration.
- To realize the objective, 15 measures on services and products offered in the field of social and economic integration are implemented, 10 of them with a focus on the needs of women and youth.
The specific objectives of IIDEA project over the next three years are:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- To support organizations that develop products and services to promote regional integration that are used by citizens of East Africa;
- To communicate stories and results of these organizations to inform and actively engage citizens of East Africa in the implementation of the EAC Common Market Protocol;
- To establish partnership for sustained citizens’ engagement in the EAC integration process.
- 15 Innovative regional integration projects are successfully implemented and finalized;
- Stakeholders, including citizens of East Africa, are informed and actively supporting the implementation of the EAC Common Market Protocol, and
- IIDEA as a platform for promoting innovative citizen led regional integration initiatives is sustainable.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
30,000 EAC citizens (out of which 12,000 youth and 10,000 women) have used products and services provided by IIDEA projects.
Financial Mechanism for IIDEA
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
Based on the project proposal and the IIDEA selection criteria, the IIDEA Committee comprise of regional apex bodies of private sector, civil society and professional associations including Ministries of East African Community Affairs (MEACA) together with the EAC and GIZ decide on the proposals to be supported under the IIDEA initiative. GIZ funding support in case of final acceptance ranges from USD 10,000 up to 50,000 for each project during application, however, the final amount will be decided after due diligence. The project implementation period should range from September 2019 to September 2020 (maximum of 12 months).
- The IIDEA Projects are set to be implemented through collaborations and partnerships between organizations and as such only organizations can apply for the funds, and not individual persons. Applicants who partner up with an organization from at least one other Partner State for a joint initiative will be given priority for support. Whether the project proposal is developed by an organization or as a joint initiative, it must benefit at least 2 EAC Partner States.
- The eligible organizations should be drawn from national civil society organizations (CSOs), business organizations, associations, companies, sector associations that operate across borders and/or regionally in the East African Community. Youth and women organizations and associations are particularly encouraged to apply. It is important that applicants have enough capacities to commit to the project in terms of human capacity and time resources.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.eaciidea.net/2019/07/02/iidea-call-for-projects-is-open-apply-now/
(Ad) A massive library of Downloadable Ebooks, covering a range of how-to topics from fundraising, proposal writing, grant listings, donor listings to NGO management. Learn more.