Deadline: 1 February 2020
The BEARR Trust is currently accepting applications from civil society organisations (CSOs) including non-government organisations (NGOs), voluntary associations and other non-profit organisations for its Small Grants Scheme 2020.
The field to be covered by the Scheme in 2020 is strengthening the position of women in rural communities.
Projects must address issues in one of the following areas:
- Public participation
- Information and skills for economic security
- Preventing domestic violence
In addition, the Scheme aims to encourage these organisations to:
- share experience and learning among CSOs with relevant aims
- disseminate good practice more widely
- facilitate cooperation with and/or coordination among CSOs and other organisations working with relevant groups
- improve awareness of, or engage public institutions in addressing, the relevant issues
- propose other imaginative ways of achieving the Scheme’s aims.
- The Trust may wish to support a number of initiatives through the scheme, so proposals for grants of up to £3,000 are invited. Awards will be made on a matching basis, and will not exceed 50% of the overall cost of a project.
- Applicants must present costings in pounds Sterling, but grants may be paid in Sterling, US Dollars, Euros, or (when possible) local currency, as best suits the recipient, and at the exchange rate prevailing on the date of transfer. Recipients will bear the cost of any conversion into local currency. Projects should normally be completed within six months of receipt of the funds. The BEARR Trust reserves the right to commission independent evaluation of any project funded.
- The scheme is open to applications from CSOs active in the areas covered by the Small Grants Scheme 2020 (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan).
- Preference will be given to projects involving both men and women. Counselling services are not included this year. Applicants must be working with one or more partner organisations.
For more information, visit http://www.bearr.org/the-bearr-trust-small-grants-scheme-2020-call-for-bids/