Do you have a vision of excellence for a holistic game-changing educational experience? Are you committed to equity for India’s underserved? Do have the desire and capability to creatively solve complex problems? If yes, then apply to the Circle Incubation Program.
The Circle envision an India that is free of poverty and filled with love. To get there, they’re building networks of schools and after-school centres that aspire to reinvent learning and, ultimately, reimagine India's educational system. They believe that schools need to prepare kids for the future.
The Circle's two-year full-time, paid incubation – which you're applying to right now – is one of their signature programs. Starting this November, they hope to go on a journey with a cadre of entrepreneurs to begin the process of reinvention. At the end of that journey, entrepreneurs will launch schools and after-school centres across the country. And they'll support them at every step.
Through intensive support and a peer community, The Circle Incubation will equip entrepreneurs with the knowledge and skills to:
- Design an innovative school or after-school program
- Start and successfully launch a school or after-school program
- Run and sustain a high-performing school or after-school program
You will be paid around 55,000-60,000 INR every month for the first year of the Incubation.
What do the two years of the Incubation Program entail?
Over the course of a two-year journey, incubated entrepreneurs will work with experienced coaches and facilitators from across the world to access a suite of learning experiences:
- Visits to innovative, high-performing schools across India and the world
- Serve in a six-week apprenticeship within a high-performing school
- Work closely with school-leaders and executive coaches to build skill
- Access a network of support from peers & community leaders
- Attend workshops and training days to access new content
- Explore design & creation tools to build your school or after-school program
- Tap into governmental & legal support as you start your venture
- Get connected to funders and supporters to bring your dream to life
What happens after the two years of incubation?
Entrepreneurs who are incubated by The Circle join a growing network of schools and after-school programs across the country. You will operate as an independent and empowered entrepreneur. But you’ll be a part of a community. Connected by a common set of shared beliefs and commitments, incubated entrepreneurs sign up for a lifetime of support and community:
- Join a growing community of entrepreneurs and peers who are committed to changing the world
- Attend conferences, events, and virtual professional development experiences
- Send your school’s children to shared conferences and events
- Access curricular tools and resources intended to help improve and grow your venture
- Work with coaches and experts who are committed not only to your school’s effectiveness but also your personal development
- The school or after-school program that you launch can be located in any part of India.
- They don’t have a typical, neatly fitted, profile of an entrepreneur. You could be a current educator who wants to start a school. Or maybe you’re working in India’s corporate world, and you aspire to change India’s educational system.
- They are, however, looking for people who demonstrate key leadership characteristics that they believe are critical for success.
In order to be considered for the incubation, you need to:
- have a bachelor's degree,
- be proficient in English (owing to the global nature of the diverse speakers and workshops that they have on board) and
- be willing to solely commit your energy and time to launching your own school or after-school program.
For more information, visit The Circle.
For more information, visit https://www.thecircleindia.org/application